Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Casa Grande ARIZONA

Casa Grande ARIZONA

Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Casa Grande ARIZONA

One consideration is the age and education of your children. If you stay here for 2/3 yrs or longer and want to return to the UK how will they fit into the UK education system. They will not be entitled to almost free uni. tuition either and uni here is mega expensive. Will your husband be able to work? What about health insurance incl. dental, optical and meds. Have you any idea what you could be paying per year for a family of 4 for co-pays, let alone the cost of insurance.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 14th 2006 at 8:17 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:11 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Superb! I'm lovin it, lovin it, lovin it!!!
You found something you like here....WoW
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Hahaha!

Anyway, don't worry, you'll soon realise how it is here & you'll most likely be begging for the NHS! Let us know what you think down the line, once you've been here for a little while.
your probably right, the next two years are gonna be very interesting!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:18 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishnurse
lol i love shropshire but i think a gathering of more than two people is a crowd!
you lot on here scare me
There is alot more considerations to living here which people are pointing out. It's not anywhere near as bad as partystar makes out, well it hasn't been for me, but the schooling and health care would be my concerns in your situation. Remember for every bad thing there is a good one to compensate, they are however more difficult to find...

I used to ride alot through shrops, I was from Staffs.

alan runs to hide from PS... :scared:
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evoal2003
There is alot more considerations to living here which people are pointing out. It's not anywhere near as bad as partystar makes out, well it hasn't been for me, but the schooling and health care would be my concerns in your situation. Remember for every bad thing there is a good one to compensate, they are however more difficult to find...

I used to ride alot through shrops, I was from Staffs.

alan runs to hide from PS... :scared:

...and I lived in Chester.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:24 pm
Payed up premium member

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
...and I lived in Chester.
We used to go to Chester clubbing, big place with 3 floors Gregory's 1 2 3 I think, by staffs I meant Cannock
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

One consideration is the age and education of your children. If you stay here for 2/3 yrs or longer and want to return to the UK how will they fit into the UK education system. They will not be entitled to almost free uni. tuition either and uni here is mega expensive. Will your husband be able to work? What about health insurance iincl. dental, optical and meds. Have you any idea what you could be paying per year for a family of 4 for co-pays, let alone the cost of insurance.
i get insurance with my job, so does my husband
i will not be returning to the uk unless i get forcibly removed to there, i have no ties or links here really
i have looked into it a bit as we have been going through the process for three years i didnt just decide to come to the usa on a whim honest i didnt just visit disney and decide to go and live there , but i dont pretend to have a clue what it will really be like, i can only make a best guess but i will never know unless i try, and it cant all be bad, after all you lot are all out there, many of you have been there for years, and england also isnt what it was even 2 years ago, the place is changing rapidly, not all of it is for the better unfortunately. (having said that i dont think that the usa is perfect either, just different)
i love the nhs and what it stands for however i do not see how it can survive really i love england too but am scared what it may become in the future...
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

We used to go to Chester clubbing, big place with 3 floors Gregory's 1 2 3 I think, by staffs I meant Cannock
yeah i fell down the stairs a few times there
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Casa Grande ARIZONA

i will not be returning to the uk unless i get forcibly removed to there, i have no ties or links here really
i have looked into it a bit as we have been going through the process for three years i didnt just decide to come to the usa on a whim honest i didnt just visit disney and decide to go and live there , but i dont pretend to have a clue what it will really be like, i can only make a best guess but i will never know unless i try, and it cant all be bad, after all you lot are all out there, many of you have been there for years, and england also isnt what it was even 2 years ago, the place is changing rapidly, not all of it is for the better unfortunately. (having said that i dont think that the usa is perfect either, just different)
i love the nhs and what it stands for however i do not see how it can survive really i love england too but am scared what it may become in the future...
I was back in England a couple of weeks ago - first time in 3 years totally agree it has changed.
You are right wherever you live you will have something that you are not happy with. A place is what you make of it. Good luck.

Last edited by lolly; Jun 14th 2006 at 8:56 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 9:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Some of us are living here through no choice of our own and some have had it easier than others. We came here by choice and have had it relatively easy compared to a lot of people. Please do not underestimate your ties to the UK. We have only a small family back home and are not really that close but the first 2 yrs here were the worst 2 yrs of my life. Our daughter was 11 when we moved and we are still not sure if we did the right thing by her education wise and she went to private schools. Anyway we have pointed out a lot of the downside of living here and maybe opened your eyes a little. Good luck.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Some of us are living here through no choice of our own and some have had it easier than others. We came here by choice and have had it relatively easy compared to a lot of people. Please do not underestimate your ties to the UK. We have only a small family back home and are not really that close but the first 2 yrs here were the worst 2 yrs of my life. Our daughter was 11 when we moved and we are still not sure if we did the right thing by her education wise and she went to private schools. Anyway we have pointed out a lot of the downside of living here and maybe opened your eyes a little. Good luck.
thanks you sure have, at the end of the day we really are gonna have a huge shock when we move, sometimes i can hardly believe it!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

thanks you sure have, at the end of the day we really are gonna have a huge shock when we move, sometimes i can hardly believe it!
It all happened within a few weeks for us and I remember that Wednesday morning, 10 yrs ago, walking through Manchester Airport in a daze as if it was yesterday. If I could turn the clock back I really don't know whether I would stay in the UK or move here. Unless you try you will never know.

BTW our daughter adapted very well with no problems whatsoever.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:11 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you when you move. My friend lives near Phoenix and loves it. I went to visit last week and had a lovely time.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:47 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

You found something you like here....WoW
Hey now boy! I do like a few other things too.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:51 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I lived in AZ for 11 years and loved it! I lived to the west of Phoenix and only moved from there because the military made us! (but we were going to Britain so that was okay with me!) . I miss it a lot and try to go back every couple of years for a visit to catch up with friends and just enjoy the area.
I think you will love it (although Casa Grande would not be my first choice of an area to live). Having said that, the area has changed a lot in the 5 years since I've lived there so I don't know what it has to offer now, I'm sure a lot more than it did when I knew it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.