Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Casa Grande ARIZONA

Casa Grande ARIZONA

Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Casa Grande ARIZONA

Originally Posted by englishnurse
well this is the situation
i am a nurse with an agency i wanted to go to fl but the agency had no jobs there they offered me shreveport louisiana and i turned it down, then they offered me oakland, which i also turned down, then i got offered casa grande, so i took it as the previous offers were a pile of pants in my opinion!
i see casa grande as a stepping stone to other things if i hate it, i may love it, if so i will stay, all i know is im going to the usa and im going to make the best of it.
i did look into schools, and they are not the best but i dont believe the schooling here is that good, results and tables are fixed and every year there is an uproar as so many pass their a levels and gcses that people believe they are getting easier whether that is true i really dont know but we will not know until we try.
mind you the way its going (slowly) i dont feel like i will ever get there
I have never been to AZ, but I have lived in the USA since 1992. Some words of advice for you. First, if you own a home in the UK, don't sell it. Keep it for at least a year and then make a decision. Be prepared for a culture shock. It is very hard to feel connected to the outside world here in the US, so I would recommend getting a computer, good internet connection and Skype(www.skype.com). This will help you keep up with the international news and UK culture via the internet and Skype will give you cheap phone calls to your relatives back home. There will be a period of adjustment, you will love it some days, hate it others. The heat can be really unbearable. When I first came to the US I couldn't believe how hot and humid (maybe not a problem in AZ) it was (and I used to go to Spain every year!). On the plus side, I think the US can provide you with a lot of opportunities and give you some experiences that you would not have had back in the UK and isn't that what life is all about? Good luck with your move.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:44 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

well this is the situation
i am a nurse with an agency i wanted to go to fl but the agency had no jobs there they offered me shreveport louisiana and i turned it down, then they offered me oakland, which i also turned down, then i got offered casa grande, so i took it as the previous offers were a pile of pants in my opinion!
i see casa grande as a stepping stone to other things if i hate it, i may love it, if so i will stay, all i know is im going to the usa and im going to make the best of it.
i did look into schools, and they are not the best but i dont believe the schooling here is that good, results and tables are fixed and every year there is an uproar as so many pass their a levels and gcses that people believe they are getting easier whether that is true i really dont know but we will not know until we try.
mind you the way its going (slowly) i dont feel like i will ever get there
Well, I guess it really depends on where you are from & what you are looking for. I'm from the Oxford area & the schools there are superb, I should know I went to them! You sound like you've already made up your mind, so I hope it works out for you. I just hope you really think through what you are doing for you & your family. Have you thought about the major differences between the 2 countries? You really should think about how you feel about guns, extortionate health care, the lack of green countryside, drink driving, lack of annual/sick/maternity leave, crap driving skills, the heat, the desert. Plus the one major thing, that coming on holiday to the States is one thing, but living here is a whole different ball game. Of course this is all my opinion & something that you can just ignore if you like!!!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evoal2003
If your from Shropshire you should find Casa Grande real vibrant.
lol i love shropshire but i think a gathering of more than two people is a crowd!
you lot on here scare me
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Well, I guess it really depends on where you are from & what you are looking for. I'm from the Oxford area & the schools there are superb, I should know I went to them! You sound like you've already made up your mind, so I hope it works out for you. I just hope you really think through what you are doing for you & your family. Have you thought about the major differences between the 2 countries? You really should think about how you feel about guns, extortionate health care, the lack of green countryside, drink driving, lack of annual/sick/maternity leave, crap driving skills, the heat, the desert. Plus the one major thing, that coming on holiday to the States is one thing, but living here is a whole different ball game. Of course this is all my opinion & something that you can just ignore if you like!!!
dont like guns (if they are pointing at me )
health care is going to be expensive in the uk in the future
will probably miss the greenery
drink driving i hate
the annual leave is a problem but i usually end up working mine here and getting the overtime pay as hubby doesnt have as much as me anyway
crap driving (you should see how the farmers drive their tractors around here lol)
heat and desert ( i could do with sweating off a few hundred pounds)
actually i do worry and have thought a bit about the above but how i see it is that the whole of the usa is not like that (hopefully) so there must be something there for us somewhere
and ive signed the contract so its a bit of tough poop on me really lmao :scared:
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:29 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Of course this is all my opinion & something that you can just ignore if you like!!!
Oh dear!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:33 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

drink driving i hate
the annual leave is a problem but i usually end up working mine here and getting the overtime pay as hubby doesnt have as much as me anyway
crap driving (you should see how the farmers drive their tractors around here lol)
actually i do worry and have thought a bit about the above but how i see it is that the whole of the usa is not like that (hopefully) so there must be something there for us somewhere
and ive signed the contract so its a bit of tough poop on me really lmao :scared:
Hahaha!

Anyway, don't worry, you'll soon realise how it is here & you'll most likely be begging for the NHS! Let us know what you think down the line, once you've been here for a little while.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:35 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Oh dear!
Yes, can I help you my darlin'?!?!

Luv ya!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:53 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, can I help you my darlin'?!?!

Luv ya!
Howz the new house?
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:03 pm
Back where I belong!

Howz the new house?
Superb! I'm lovin it, lovin it, lovin it!!!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:04 pm
Septicity

Superb! I'm lovin it, lovin it, lovin it!!!
Good!

Don't you dare leave till you've done your natz!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:06 pm
Back where I belong!

Good!

Don't you dare leave till you've done your natz!
*No comment*
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:08 pm
Septicity

*No comment*

You'll regret it down the line!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:09 pm
Back where I belong!

You'll regret it down the line!
Don't really see how, but I'll take your word for it.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

drink driving i hate
Good luck nice to see someone with an open mind ready to try a new life.
Life is what you make of it after all.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:16 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evoal2003
If your from Shropshire you should find Casa Grande real vibrant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.