British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Casa Grande ARIZONA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/casa-grande-arizona-379209/)

englishnurse Jun 13th 2006 8:43 pm

Casa Grande ARIZONA

hi there
has anyone got any experiance of this town? i have been offered a job there
if anyone has visited or lived there and knows a bit about the place?
cheers :D

Manc Jun 13th 2006 8:49 pm

Re: Casa Grande ARIZONA

it's about 6000 miles in distance and way of life from Shrewsbury.

englishnurse Jun 13th 2006 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
it's about 6000 miles in distance and way of life from Shrewsbury.

you mean the river severn doesnt flow through it?
darn
:D

Jerseygirl Jun 13th 2006 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by englishnurse
you mean the river severn doesnt flow through it?
darn
:D

...and there is no M & S. :mad:

But there is plenty of sun and sand. :)

Partystar Jun 13th 2006 9:52 pm

It gets really quite hot here, so you can't go outside much in the summer. This weeks top temp in 115 degrees. It's pretty average around here, all the suburbs in the Phoenix Metro are okay, but I'd rather live somewhere else.

Arizona Wurzel Jun 13th 2006 10:32 pm

hi there
has anyone got any experiance of this town? i have been offered a job there
if anyone has visited or lived there and knows a bit about the place?
cheers :D

Hi Englishnurse,Casa Grande is not a bad little town,situated just south of Phoenix metro,50 miles.Close to Tucson.The town is booming right now ,housing is a lot cheaper than the metro area,Eloy is next door to Casa Grande and that is also booming.Yes it gets hot here in the summer months but you will get used to it,i have been here 34 years now and would not live anywhere else.I live in AJ near the Superstition mountain,moved here from Somerset originally.Oct thro May is just great.The lakes are not too far away,Saguaro Lake,Canyon Lake,Apache Lake and Roosavelt Lake and north of Phoenix is Lake Pleasant.My daughter is an RN and her hubby is a D.O. and i have two friends who live in CG who are nurses.Go for it! you wont regret it. :)

Pimpbot Jun 14th 2006 3:34 am

It has two outlet malls...I think. Thats all the knowledge I have on CS, as I've just passed through on my way to Tucson. Give it another 20 years and Phoenix and Tucson will meet and renamed Phuson

fatbrit Jun 14th 2006 6:24 am

http://www.zingtech.com/features/arizona/img/casa1.jpg

englishnurse Jun 14th 2006 6:54 am

Now fatbrit, please tell me thats the Casa Grande ruins and not the hospital where ive got a job :eek:
by the way thanks for all your replys
:beer: for you all :D

Partystar Jun 14th 2006 2:40 pm

Now fatbrit, please tell me thats the Casa Grande ruins and not the hospital where ive got a job :eek:
by the way thanks for all your replys
:beer: for you all :D

Are you married & do you have kids?

englishnurse Jun 14th 2006 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Partystar
Are you married & do you have kids?

i am, and i do theyre 11 and 12

Partystar Jun 14th 2006 3:22 pm

i am, and i do theyre 11 and 12

Okay, I'm not sure if you are aware, but Arizona is the 'dumbest state'? Have you looked into the local schools? I am leaving this country before my son is old enough to go to school, because I don't want him to have a crappy American education.

gsnichol Jun 14th 2006 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Partystar
It gets really quite hot here, so you can't go outside much in the summer. This weeks top temp in 115 degrees. It's pretty average around here, all the suburbs in the Phoenix Metro are okay, but I'd rather live somewhere else.

The weather man in the morning paper yesterday referred to current temperatures as Arizona's very own version of population control since those from other parts of the USA look at the numbers and decide they don't want to live here...

englishnurse Jun 14th 2006 4:32 pm

well this is the situation
i am a nurse with an agency i wanted to go to fl but the agency had no jobs there they offered me shreveport louisiana and i turned it down, then they offered me oakland, which i also turned down, then i got offered casa grande, so i took it as the previous offers were a pile of pants in my opinion!
i see casa grande as a stepping stone to other things if i hate it, i may love it, if so i will stay, all i know is im going to the usa and im going to make the best of it.
i did look into schools, and they are not the best but i dont believe the schooling here is that good, results and tables are fixed and every year there is an uproar as so many pass their a levels and gcses that people believe they are getting easier whether that is true i really dont know but we will not know until we try.
mind you the way its going (slowly) i dont feel like i will ever get there :(

evoal2003 Jun 14th 2006 4:42 pm

well this is the situation
i am a nurse with an agency i wanted to go to fl but the agency had no jobs there they offered me shreveport louisiana and i turned it down, then they offered me oakland, which i also turned down, then i got offered casa grande, so i took it as the previous offers were a pile of pants in my opinion!
i see casa grande as a stepping stone to other things if i hate it, i may love it, if so i will stay, all i know is im going to the usa and im going to make the best of it.
i did look into schools, and they are not the best but i dont believe the schooling here is that good, results and tables are fixed and every year there is an uproar as so many pass their a levels and gcses that people believe they are getting easier whether that is true i really dont know but we will not know until we try.
mind you the way its going (slowly) i dont feel like i will ever get there :(

If your from Shropshire you should find Casa Grande real vibrant.