Reload this Page >

IT Careers in usa

IT Careers in usa

Old Dec 12th 2003, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Carmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT Careers in usa

hi im a comptia A+ certified pc service enginneer
i wanna go work/live in usa could any 1 give me some info on where to look for jobs ect thx
Old Dec 12th 2003, 5:52 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT Careers in usa

Originally posted by Carmo
i wanna go work/live in usa could any 1 give me some info on where to look for jobs ect thx
England
Old Dec 12th 2003, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick
England
Hehe, I know I shouldn't laugh but I guess that's about right at the moment!
My husband works in IT but for a healthcare company, they are actually doing quite well at the moment but this time last year they were dealing with bankcrupcy so I think Patrick is right when he says England. Plus there always seems to be lots of people on these boards that are highly IT trained but can't seem to find anything. Steve's company is supposed to be being bought by a New York company in the New Year and if so there will be opportunities to expand, so for anyone in the Atlanta area looking fr IT work, I will keep you informed if you are interested.

Nicola

Timeline TSC

NOA1 January 15th 2003
NOA2 June 19th 2003 (Online Status)
NOA2 Letter received June 23rd 2003
NVC Letter recieved July 2nd 2003 (dated 30th June)
Packet 3 received July 10th 2003
Returned IV-15 July 21st 2003 (Delayed due to being in the USA when it arrived)
Interview date received July 25th 2003
Interview date September 2nd 2003
Got the Visa!!!
Moved to the USA September 5th 2003

Got married November 1st

Adjustment of Status - Atlanta
Applied for SSN in married name November 21st 2003
AOS & EAD sent November 22nd 2003
Received at Atlanta office November 25th 2003 (UPS online)
SSN arrived November 28th 2003
Passed driving test December 11th 2003
Old Dec 12th 2003, 8:17 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

This may be hard to stomach but if you're outside the US looking for a job (whether or not you're legally able to work in the US), it's almost impossible to get a job.

The reason? Employers are not going to "hold" a job for you for the time it takes for you to relocate.

In addition, there are so many professionals (IT and otherwise) unemployed at the moment within the US so that's another reason why employers will not consider those living outside the US.

NC Penguin
Old Dec 13th 2003, 2:07 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by NC Penguin
This may be hard to stomach but if you're outside the US looking for a job (whether or not you're legally able to work in the US), it's almost impossible to get a job.

The reason? Employers are not going to "hold" a job for you for the time it takes for you to relocate.

In addition, there are so many professionals (IT and otherwise) unemployed at the moment within the US so that's another reason why employers will not consider those living outside the US.

NC Penguin
Even if you're inside it's going to be difficult..... Recognition of qualifications and scepticism of your experience are just two of the hurdles you'll need to over come.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 5:49 pm
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

As a counterpoint to all the posts up to now, the company I work for held the job for me from when it was offered - around July/August 02 to when I started - Jan 03. The company is still continually looking for developers, and when interviewing we look for demonstrable knowlegde via initial telephone interviews.

It depends on what part of the country you're going to. I'm in Pittsburgh and we're looking for about 10 developers right now that I know of.

As for where to look, try google.

Sam.