Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cardiff Employment Agencies?

Cardiff Employment Agencies?

Old Jun 13th 2005, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Legin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cardiff Employment Agencies?

Ive been searching for employment agencies in Cardiff, preferably social work related and havent really found anything decent. Anybody know of any? I figure there must be loads of them but I havent found anything.

I'm going to have to find a job really soon after arriving because other agencies (not in Wales) have all given the same response -- "cant help you until youre in the UK". And I dont have much money. So I figure I need to have a job within two weeks of arriving because itll cost a fortune staying in hotels and taking taxis everywhere. Even pub work crap would be alright at first.

I dont know how doable this is, but apparently its the only way it can be done. I have a university degree and some pretty unimpressive work experience. Oh right, and I have a passport from an EU country. Hopefully thats all I need because I cant waste time getting paperwork once Im there.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 5:59 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Cardiff Employment Agencies?

Originally Posted by Legin
Ive been searching for employment agencies in Cardiff, preferably social work related and havent really found anything decent. Anybody know of any? I figure there must be loads of them but I havent found anything.

I'm going to have to find a job really soon after arriving because other agencies (not in Wales) have all given the same response -- "cant help you until youre in the UK". And I dont have much money. So I figure I need to have a job within two weeks of arriving because itll cost a fortune staying in hotels and taking taxis everywhere. Even pub work crap would be alright at first.

I dont know how doable this is, but apparently its the only way it can be done. I have a university degree and some pretty unimpressive work experience. Oh right, and I have a passport from an EU country. Hopefully thats all I need because I cant waste time getting paperwork once Im there.
"The Guardian" (daily) newspaper in the UK has extensive job listings for the public sector....I'm in the US so can't remember which day is the preferred day for the section on jobs in the social work field....however, here is their online site for jobs in 'social care' throughout the UK....note that some agencies are listed too. I do think that most public sector jobs though are recruited directly and not always through an agency:

http://jobs.guardian.co.uk/browse/social-care/index.jsp
Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:01 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Cardiff Employment Agencies?

Originally Posted by Legin

Hi,
Have you tried this site for some of the public health jobs in Wales? you can search on Cardiff in the drop down menu for that area of S.Wales:
http://www.publicjobswales.co.uk/

I got the link from the IC network site which I have stored in my fav's ( the site used to be called just "Total Wales". It was also part of the Western mail ( western mail paper is cardiff based))http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/

The main job search http://www.jobswales.co.uk/english/
.................................................. .................................................. .

Also this job search link from the Evening Post's site - http://jobs.thisissouthwales.co.uk/ - but you have to search all of South Wales and can't really narrow it down to a search of just Cardiff like the above.

cheers

P.s with a quick google search with the terms " Public Health Jobs Cardiff" - I pulled this one out in the top of my search results, don't know if this site is any of any use to you:
cardiff-recruitment
http://www.localrecruit.co.uk/cardiff/

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 16th 2005 at 3:28 am.