Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Car options for 19 year old in California

Car options for 19 year old in California

Old Jun 21st 2013, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car options for 19 year old in California

To cut to the chase and hopefully resolve your concerns - here's what you might wish to do......
There are 3 options:
1. Call 818-295-2020.
That's the local number for the NYFA.
Ask to speak to an Admissions Counselor. Apparently your daughter will already have been assigned one - but they may be in NY (rather than LA, and so not as in-the-know with best answers to your specific questions).
They are open till 6:00PM (remember, if you call - we're 8 hours earlier here in LA)
2. You can email: [email protected]
Lenore is the Director of the International Student Admissions Office
3. I spoke to her (Lenore) in NY( 212-674-4300) - said I participated in an online forum, briefly outlined your concerns and asked how you might best address them. so if you don't want to email - you could phone instead
And btw - she said MANY students have no car and do use bikes. Apparently the school has vans which at least get the students from bldg to bldg. for their classes.
I hope this will help - and that you won't mind my taking that initiative. I don't have a clue as to your name....so figured it's ok ???? If you don't want to follow up - they'll never know.....

Last edited by MMcD; Jun 21st 2013 at 10:01 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Uptowngirls is a jewel in the roughUptowngirls is a jewel in the roughUptowngirls is a jewel in the roughUptowngirls is a jewel in the roughUptowngirls is a jewel in the rough

Thanks so much - am overwhelmed by everyone's interest and kindness!
She is definitely going, without a car, and will stay as close to the school as she can get - so walking /bike/friends with cars should work out.
In answer to your kind comments and concerns, hotspot, she is lucky enough to be well connected in the film world, and is well equipped, being English, to make tea for anyone who will let her! Part of the experience is also one of 'life' - ie, living far from home and having to stand on her own 2 feet - so hopefully all will be well - I am sure she will do some hanging out in the spots you kindly mention, and has asked for a subscription to variety as a (very) early Christmas present!
Thanks once again to all.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Hotscot

All the best to your daughter. She'll have an amazing experience and I wish her well. Only thing to add is be aware and be safe!
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Uptowngirls is a jewel in the roughUptowngirls is a jewel in the roughUptowngirls is a jewel in the roughUptowngirls is a jewel in the roughUptowngirls is a jewel in the rough