Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Car leasing with no credit history in US?

Car leasing with no credit history in US?

Old Sep 10th 2013, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Thea Pankova is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car leasing with no credit history in US?

Originally Posted by bilbos92
We used VW leasing - they only needed a letter from employer ( we were on an L1B)

a quick search should bring up loads of other threads on the subject too..

by the way - where abouts in stafford....( my home town.... ) watched the torch go through yesturday wil home sick eyes.....

A
Hi Bilbos, I am new to the forum - will be moving for 2 years to NJ and wanted to know on the VW lease - did you contact a VW dealer on went through IntlAuto? The numbers they quoted me for a 2 year lease were quite high. Many thanks!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

watchamacallit has a spectacular aura aboutwatchamacallit has a spectacular aura aboutwatchamacallit has a spectacular aura about

I leased a new Ford Focus one week after I got my work permit, car loans and finance are usually the easiest credit to obtain and kick start your ratings.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

HartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond repute

We moved to NJ in June and leased a Jetta from VW in Manhatten. We went in on a Sunday afternoon and completed the paperwork and picked up the car a couple of weeks later (our choice). It was quite painless, and we had to supply the following documents:

Letter from employer confirming salary, position etc..
SSN number
Passport with visa
3 x references from US persons

The deal you get will depend on the current promotions running at the time. You will also need to supply insurance documentation before they will release the car.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Thea Pankova is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks HartleyHare and watchamacallit - very helpful information!

Would you be able to tell me how much roughly it costs you the lease per month (just to get an overall sense and idea - I know that the actual cost for me will be different depending on current promotions, etc.).

In terms of US references - did these have to be in some special format provided by the lease company/car dealer?

Many thanks!
Old Sep 12th 2013, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

HartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

We put down a deposit of $1000 and pay $399 per month for 24 months. This includes servicing and all fees and taxes, plates etc..