Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Car leasing / financing in the U.S.

Car leasing / financing in the U.S.

Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car leasing / financing in the U.S.

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I researched to see if they'd fit my Subaru -- but alas, no!
Get some of these: http://ledwheels.com/ledwheels.htm
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:17 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
They might frighten our dogs.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 2:40 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Good God those are bloody ugly. Or Fugly as Dh likes to say.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

GetYourBritsOut will become famous soon enoughGetYourBritsOut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by expatinus
I just moved to the U.S., no credit score. Any suggestions to who I should contact regarding leasing or financing a car? I have tried my bank and the dealership and they cannot help me because I don't have a credit score...
We moved over 18 months ago & with no credit history or money to buy a car outright, the only place we could get a lease from was VW as they did an international credit check. We pay about $850/mth for a Toureg, OK-ish mileage allowance over 3 years.

I really regret getting this now so if you can find another way do so but at the time this was our only option and we're now tied in for another 18 months :curse:
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 1:22 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

The OP is just trying to sell the leasing company ...
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:29 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
The OP is just trying to sell the leasing company ...
That was my impression too, the way he managed to use the name of the co. in every post. What was it again? "Thieving Bastard Leasing"?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

HSHMN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by expatinus
I just moved to the U.S., no credit score. Any suggestions to who I should contact regarding leasing or financing a car? I have tried my bank and the dealership and they cannot help me because I don't have a credit score...
Hi - we have just moved over and have the same issues with credit. We went to VW and have leased 2 Jetta sedans ( not my dream car -but will do!) for $3000 down and $450 a month in total for both cars..We went there as they do have a leasing program for professionals from overseas. It was limited to the length of our visa - which meant a 30 rather than 36 month leasing. Despite the fact that the move is perm and we will be getting green cards soon, the VW credit people only took the length of the visa in the lease and wouldnt allow the dealers to extend it..good luck!
We thought of buying a second hand car but wanted the reassurance of a new car and full service/breakdown support.
Good luck!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

HSHMN is an unknown quantity at this point

also - shop around for insurance - to get some was hard but we found its really expensive..our highest quote was $1800 for 2 Jettas for 6 months.. so expensive, considering what we were paying in UK - 350 quid for 2 cars for a year!!!!