Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Car lease Florida with no credit history

Car lease Florida with no credit history

Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Desinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud of
Default Car lease Florida with no credit history

Hi All, Curious to know what kind of prices any newcomers to the US are paying for lease cars and insurance on arrival with no credit history currently. Have studied many great threads on here but just wondered about good / bad recent experiences just to get some 'feel' for the market. Noticed that most ads for car dealers around central Florida have the worrying phrase "for well qualified buyers" attached to their giveaway prices! I am reasonably well qualified but pretty sure they are not talking academically...credit again!
I am bit of a car fan but before I start dreaming in Autotrader.com just need to know if i am being realistic! Thanks!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car lease Florida with no credit history

Originally Posted by Desinflorida
Hi All, Curious to know what kind of prices any newcomers to the US are paying for lease cars and insurance on arrival with no credit history currently. Have studied many great threads on here but just wondered about good / bad recent experiences just to get some 'feel' for the market. Noticed that most ads for car dealers around central Florida have the worrying phrase "for well qualified buyers" attached to their giveaway prices! I am reasonably well qualified but pretty sure they are not talking academically...credit again!
I am bit of a car fan but before I start dreaming in Autotrader.com just need to know if i am being realistic! Thanks!
You'll probably get one, but the interest rate on the loan is inversely proportional to your credit score. As your credit score is tiny, the interest rate will be high. We're probably talking an extra $40-$100 per month on a lease, at a guess, depending on the car.

It's the same with insurance too.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is such thing as 'in house finance' our friends done this in florida, they had NO credit history, picked a car and more or less, bought it straight away. But I cant remember I think their interest rate was quite high. Still, they managed to buy a car, with $$ down payment and finance the rest. Although this was a couple of years ago now, so I wouldn't have a clue if this is still available.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking as an ex car salesperson at the mian Ford Dealers in upstate NY the esiest way to get credit is to buy a car. Having no credit history doesnt matter. The finance manager will talk to whichever credit co he is assotiated with and as a first time buyer with no history they will offer you good rates. When I first started here they got me 6% interest on a brand new Ford Focus. Leasing is even easier.