Reload this Page >

Car Lease - Arizona

Car Lease - Arizona

Old Sep 4th 2018, 9:00 am
Just Joined

greenteal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Lease - Arizona

Hi there,
i wander if anyone can help, or point me in the right direction.
Got my L1-A visa the other week, and we relocate to Arizona, Chandler, on the 5th October. Going to get a rental through the company for the first month until my SSN comes through.
I've got some quotes through IAS, and spoke with local GMC dealers that said they could meet or better the offers from IAS.

I see alot of Lease deals with 0$ down as well, which would help until our UK house sale goes through.

Thanks in advance.
Andy
Old Sep 4th 2018, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Lease - Arizona

Buy a $10k car with cash. Done.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 1:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

And leases last for about 3 years. Giving it up early is like buying the car without actually getting the car in return. To me that is the same as leasing a car. You get the car, pay for it monthly, have to pay for the maintenance, repair any damage, etc. before the lease is up and the car returned and you are left with absolutely nothing. Follow Tom169's advice, buy a pre-owned car outright and be done with it.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

just used to having a company car here in the UK. not having to worry about anything. Just i need our House to sell first before i can purchase a car outright.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute

A number of companies do offer financing for Expats (VW group, Toyota, BMW & a couple more) that may be worth leveraging.

I can see the appeal of a lease, but they're also not the same here as they are in the UK, they are basically the same as PCP - you also must negotiate the sale price of the car which will affect your lease values.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 3:03 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

Standard BE responses, what if OP doesn't want an older car and wants a new lease car like he's written in his actual thread? /sigh

Andy - you'll find a lot of dealers here have lease programs for foreign professionals, for which your visa falls under - they'll do manual underwriting, gain verification from your employer, copy of your visa, salary info etc. Your non-existent credit shouldn't be an issue and within 6 months it'll start building on your credit report too.

Ford, VW, Audi, Mazda are the ones i know have that specific program, there may be other brands too.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

i guess also its how much do i want to commit. my visa is for a min 3 years. L1-A. i guess it depends on how it all works out for the family. my intentions are to stay, providing work goes well and the family settle in. but you never know. i know Lease is not prefered. money down the drain etc... We are renting a house for 12months, again money down the drain so to speak. But it gives us a chance to settle in and check out the area/country. Not ideal i know.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

appreciate the response Jack8602.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 3:07 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

I was on an L1B - i took a lease out too because i wasn't sure on if i was to be staying here or not and my initial visa validity was 3 years.

Now that i am confirmed staying here, i chopped in for a new car and bought it.

it's a perfect way to start out when moving abroad if you'd rather drive new car, which i do.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 3:17 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Getting a lease car is the easiest way to get a new car. Look also at expatride and as always, negotiate..Don't accept first offer. Also, get 15k mileage because you will be driving a heck of a lot more than you think you will. Mazda, VW will also lease a car or offer you decent terms for a car loan for one of their cars.- VW doesn't have to be a new car but does need to be one of their certified used ones. However, they may not do anything until you have your SSN. Unlike expatride and IAS.
Also, used cars are more expensive here than in the UK. So $10k would not buy a great car.
Renting a house is NOT money down the drain either. Money down the drain would be buying a duff house, in a duff neighborhood because you didn't know any better.
There is so much stress involved in moving a family, that anywhere where you can reduce that stress is money well spent and getting the lease car done before you even leave the UK is one less thing to worry about.
Also, if you are getting a lump sum towards moving costs, this is EXACTLY what it is intended to be used for.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

thanks petitefranchise. good comments, especially on the rent!
yes we will have some money left over from the Relocation fund. got some pricing back from IAS that seem ok. will see if they can do better on the monthly payment, mileage and down payment
Old Sep 4th 2018, 3:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack8602
Standard BE responses, what if OP doesn't want an older car and wants a new lease car like he's written in his actual thread? /sigh
And whatever is wrong with standard responses. Not everyone is you. Not everyone wants a brand new vehicle. Not everyone transfers to the US on a company visa and marries a Yank and gets a green card. Not everyone wants to live in the US 'forever'. Some are actually transitory. Nothing wrong with a pre-owned vehicle. Forums are for the input of all options unless you would like to ask the supermoderator and/or IB to change their policy.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 4:24 pm
i hate cabbage

Originally Posted by Rete
Not everyone wants a brand new vehicle.
Except the guy who started this thread

No need to cry about it.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Sarren is an unknown quantity at this point

Greenteal - we're in exactly the same situation. We've just got our L1/L2 visas approved and will be moving in less than a month.

As petitefrancaise says there is so much to do logistically with the move, we're also looking at leasing. We had a pre-transfer visit with the family and went to a few dealers and it seems many do Foreign Business Professional type lease deals where they do a manual verification you can pay including Ford, Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, VW, BMW, Audi etc. They seem to be very competitive vs IAS (and Expatride - but still struggling to get a quote from them as they want so much info from us). Definitely worth asking companies to beat other quotes you may have as there is room to negotiate.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

hi Sarren, exciting times! yes trying a few local dealers at the moment to see if they can compete against IAS. and Visa versa.
got the following from IAS:
Durango GT 36 Month Lease 12K mi/yr $3900 Down=$418/mo*
*sls tx $42/mo. addtl/Insurance addtl/Leae term subject to I94 exp. date

Escape SE 36 Month Lease 12K mi/yr $3200 Down=$315/mo*
*sls tx $30/mo. addtl/Insurance addtl/Leae term subject to visa exp. date

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.