Reload this Page >

car insurance Question ??

car insurance Question ??

Old Jul 4th 2009, 7:09 am
Banned

car8788 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default car insurance Question ??

Hi,

What if I'm driving someone's car and I get into a collision that is my fault, but then I find out my friend doesn't have insurance?

Please give me some comments about my Question.

Old Jul 4th 2009, 7:19 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car insurance Question ??

Originally Posted by car8788
Hi,

What if I'm driving someone's car and I get into a collision that is my fault, but then I find out my friend doesn't have insurance?

Please give me some comments about my Question.

How about your friend needs to give his/her head a shake - but I think the liability for being properly insured rests with you, in the UK. You drove a car without insurance, therefore you are personally liable for the at fault accident.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

If you are in the UK, your friend is most unlikely to have the car insured for any driver. The system does not typically work that way. You are at fault and I am afraid have committed a criminal offence for driving without insurance.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:40 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

If you yourself have fully comp insurance most companies cover you third party to drive someone else car, but you would need to check your policy to make sure you do have that cover.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:46 am
Banned

car8788 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
If you yourself have fully comp insurance most companies cover you third party to drive someone else car, but you would need to check your policy to make sure you do have that cover.
Yeah I think you are right most companies cover you third party to drive someone else car.

thanks for sharing your reply here ..