Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Car insurance

Car insurance

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Braintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to all
Default Car insurance

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if our no-claims bonus in respect of our car insurance is any use at all when we get to the US?

Thank you
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

helens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to all
Default Re: Car insurance

Originally Posted by Braintreegirl
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if our no-claims bonus in respect of our car insurance is any use at all when we get to the US?

Thank you
Not sure if all states are the same, but when we moved to Florida, our No Claims discount counted for nothing !
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Braintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to all

We are moving to New Jersey by the way!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:49 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thank you
Of course it is of some use to you.

You can use it as a paper hat, a doily, a place mat, frame it and put it on the wall, all number of things........

but you'll be hard pressed to find it any use to insurance agents, especially in New Jersey where insurance is highest in the union.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

We are moving to New Jersey by the way!
I don't know what company you are working for but try to see if you are entitled to insurance with NJ Manuafacturers...their rates and service in NJ is supposed to be the best.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 23rd 2007 at 12:57 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I don't know what company you are working for but try to see if you are entitled to insurance with NJ Manuafacturers...their rates and service in NJ is supposed to be the best.
My husband is working in the financial sector - would this qualify?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is working in the financial sector - would this qualify?
I don't know...NJM is similar to a club...it depends if his company are members or not. I believe it was originally set up for small NJ businesses...but many employees of major international companies located in NJ can use NJM.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:10 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I am surprised you're not with AARP
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

I don't know...NJM is similar to a club...it depends if his company are members or not. I believe it was originally set up for small NJ businesses...but many employees of major international companies located in NJ can use NJM.
Did you get to use your no claims from over here?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

We're with NJM and they weren't interested in our UK no claims policy.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:40 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thank you
In most cases you start from zero ...some may claim they take it in to
account ...most are just bait and switch...
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 5:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

No...forget about anything to do with your past in the UK...no-one here is interested. You basically have to start from scratch with everything.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 5:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by mandpete
We're with NJM and they weren't interested in our UK no claims policy.
NJM is supposed to be the best in NJ...if you can get access.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

NJM is supposed to be the best in NJ...if you can get access.
We have been with them for 4 years even though my husband's company moved from NJ 3 years ago. I am just about to transfer our home insurance to NJM too.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 5:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by mandpete
We have been with them for 4 years even though my husband's company moved from NJ 3 years ago. I am just about to transfer our home insurance to NJM too.
We've had auto and home/contents insurance with them for 11 yrs. Their customer service during a claim is supposed to be exceptional.