Car Finance

Old Oct 19th 2017, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

UKtoCT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car Finance

Originally Posted by LA LA LA
So, I’ve had to fax my I94, passport page and visa page to the Sacramento office. They told me I should receive my license in about 30 days. Basically a 2 month wait in total.
hi, did you have to take the written/practical test beforehand?

anyone have an idea on what needs to happen in CT? i arrive next weekend and am discussing a lease with IAS and dont want to get stuck either
Old Oct 19th 2017, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

LA LA LA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKtoCT
hi, did you have to take the written/practical test beforehand?

anyone have an idea on what needs to happen in CT? i arrive next weekend and am discussing a lease with IAS and dont want to get stuck either
Yeah, a written test and driver’s test are necessary. Please make sure you bring plenty of docs to identify you. They don’t accept a foreign birth certificate for example, but they do accept a letter from your employer with your address and date of birth on it.

I don’t know anything about CT, but regarding IAS, please be careful. They don’t know anything about the process either, and will sell you a car regardless of whether you’re able to pick it up/drive it. Make sure you do your own research.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 8:21 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

What everyone should be checking before they arrive in the USA are the regulations concerning registering a car in your name

The DL requirement is the point that will potentially slow up getting a lease car.

Every State has it's own rules.

In Texas, you do not need a Texas driver's license to register a car. Just as well because you must be resident for a minimum of 30 days before they will give you a driver's license.(if you are not transferring from another State).

This 10 day Driver's License rule in CA is a joke since I can see from numerous threads over the last few years that CA dmv can't get you an appointment within that time frame anyway.

For anyone reading this that has yet to arrive in California, think about making the appointment before you get on the plane. That is what relocation consultants are advised to look into for our clients.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 9:38 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
What everyone should be checking before they arrive in the USA are the regulations concerning registering a car in your name
In Texas, you do not need a Texas driver's license to register a car. Just as well because you must be resident for a minimum of 30 days before they will give you a driver's license.(if you are not transferring from another State).
lol no idea what happened with mine then, i got mine 10 days after arriving
Old Oct 20th 2017, 12:01 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack8602
lol no idea what happened with mine then, i got mine 10 days after arriving
well somebody wasn't checking....

it's 30 days' residency but you have 90 days to get it.

the point though is that you do NOT need a TX license to register your car here. Unlike California. Every state is different.

Also LA LA LA , if you had relocation assistance, then they should have been aware of these issues and you perhaps have some recourse there.