Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Car Details / Specifications

Car Details / Specifications

Old Jun 29th 2005, 12:37 pm
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold
Default Car Details / Specifications

Does anyone know of any good links to websites that have details on cars available in the US? Something a bit like the parkers.co.uk website. I have looked on edmunds.com but to be honest it's a bit crap. I found the specifications on there to be general and not down to a specific model.

Any good links? No real clue about US car's and will miss the choice of a decent car when we get there later this year.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 12:44 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Details / Specifications

Originally Posted by nai_in_av
Does anyone know of any good links to websites that have details on cars available in the US? Something a bit like the parkers.co.uk website. I have looked on edmunds.com but to be honest it's a bit crap. I found the specifications on there to be general and not down to a specific model.

Any good links? No real clue about US car's and will miss the choice of a decent car when we get there later this year.
http://autos.msn.com/
Old Jun 29th 2005, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.kbb.com/
Old Jun 29th 2005, 1:57 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

What specs are you looking for?

Generally, US sites don't do performance specs.

Edmunds does great pricing data.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I second kbb.com and edmunds.com. You could also try autos.yahoo.com, sometimes they list the performance specs. All three have links to reviews and articles that are useful.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 2:50 pm
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the replies, all the links have been useful. I am just after general specification, MPG, performance, options, standard kit etc
Old Jun 29th 2005, 2:54 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies, all the links have been useful. I am just after general specification, MPG, performance, options, standard kit etc
Once you have decided what you fancy ..let us know ..we can then tell you why that is a bad idea ...
Old Jun 29th 2005, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

You may already know this, but the prices you'll see on those sites probably won't include sales tax, or anything else that varies on location (title and license I think they call it).

Also, you'll notice that any option you want requires you to buy some package. For example, for ABS you might be required to buy the sports premium package, which in turn requires the luxury leather package... etc.. etc..
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

rochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to all

I like http://cartalk.com/ which has a link to www.cars.com
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.edmunds.com/, their Forums give a good idea of market price. I would also second cars.com

When you have a short list, look for forums specific to that vehicle.

Or ask here.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

All the sites given so far are well worth visiting - especially edmunds when it comes time to actually purchasing.

Don't mean to be rude, but have you tried

http://www.gm.com
http://www.chrysler.com
http://www.ford.com

for the American brands? There are of course the Japanese, European and Korean ones too.

Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:35 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Also, you'd better go here otherwise you'll be lucky to leave a dealer with the skin still on your back.