Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Car Breakdown Service - Recommendations?

Car Breakdown Service - Recommendations?

Old Jul 17th 2011, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Desinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud of
Default Re: Car Breakdown Service - Recommendations?

Harry, Been delighted with AAA (triple A) in the year we have been here. I signed up at a stand at the driving test centre, took my driving test, then 20 minutes later when my wife was ready to take her test, the battery was a flat as a pancake. The guy at the stand saw it all happen and couldnt exactly refuse help but he admitted it was a first! This was all in a hire car and any replacement was hours away! They have been great, lots of good maps, travel discounts on hotels and have just renewed our membership. Hope all well with you. Best, Des
Old Jul 17th 2011, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Desmodronic is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have an iphone with a t and t its about 2 bucks a month to have breakdown service.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 7:20 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what you drive but some companys give you automatic roadside assistance and towing mine does....JG you have a Merc as well you get free assistance right.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 7:35 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
AAA

Has some nice side benefits like coupons and discounts to a bunch of online stores, and shopping outlets as well as car loans, passport photo's, credit unions etc.
Agreed
I've also used the hotel room discounts and the DMV services at the office. But free maps were the best, till I got a TomTom.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 8:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Agreed
I've also used the hotel room discounts and the DMV services at the office. But free maps were the best, till I got a TomTom.
well the maps are great back up, especially when exploring a new area by foot/bike