Old Oct 26th 2001, 9:57 pm
Grinch

[usenetquote2]> >i cant get[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Are you sure? I thought it was Britney Spears.

Grinch

Old Oct 26th 2001, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Richard1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks!
Old Oct 26th 2001, 10:52 pm
Christa L.

I don't think driving would be a problem. You can use your international license for
that, just like tourists. But you'd run into other (minor?) problems without it.

>
    >
the
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
majorly
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > My wife (been married 1 year and waiting AOS) went to get her license[/usenetquote2]
and
[usenetquote2]> > was told K1 visa are not accepted and can't even take the test. Can not[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > a drivers license until she gets green card. We were told that most[/usenetquote2]
states
[usenetquote2]> > were changing to this.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

Old Oct 26th 2001, 11:06 pm
Sue

>
    >
    >

I've no idea about AZ, but SOME states REQUIRE that new residents get state driving
licenses withing set periods of becoming resident in the state eg TX is 30 days, I
believe some states say 60 days. An international DL won't do it.

As Rita said (I think), the best advice is check the web page for your own state to
get the latest info and for acceptable identification.

(Of course if you haven't gone through AOS and got I-551, I don't know how they
define 'resident', presumable pending AOS would count as resident).

[usenetquote2]> > This just sucks big time.... what are we all supposed to do until our green cards[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > are issued ?? total overreaction, i cant imagine too many of[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > perpetrators of sept 11th enetered on k1 visas.. it just makes me wonder what[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > happens next?? no SSN ??[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Im gonna be entering the states (Arizona) sometime December (well, as[/usenetquote2]
long
[usenetquote2]> > as my interview goes ok... ) , and if i cant drive i am going to be[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > pissed off..... apart from the impact on job-hunting etc etc[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Doug[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > My wife (been married 1 year and waiting AOS) went to get her license[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > was told K1 visa are not accepted and can't even take the test. Can[/usenetquote2]
not
[usenetquote2]> > get[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > a drivers license until she gets green card. We were told that most[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > were changing to this.[/usenetquote2]

Old Oct 27th 2001, 8:58 am
Denis Barlow

Hi Doug,

Just saw this post and as I'm having my interview in London next week and I'm
planning to move to Phoenix in December I thought I'd just say Hi!

Thanks again for posting that URL that I'd lost.

--
Denis
-----

Jury: Twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.

>
    >
the
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
majorly
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > My wife (been married 1 year and waiting AOS) went to get her license[/usenetquote2]
and
[usenetquote2]> > was told K1 visa are not accepted and can't even take the test. Can not[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > a drivers license until she gets green card. We were told that most[/usenetquote2]
states
[usenetquote2]> > were changing to this.[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Oct 27th 2001, 1:38 pm
Betastar

in message

>
[usenetquote2]>> >i cant get[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> ...no satisfaction?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> -Mick Jagger[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

My opinion of Grinch just dropped dramatically.

Old Oct 27th 2001, 2:16 pm
Doug Melville

Hi Denis, where in the UK ??? I have my interview 19th November here in Sydney, but
im originally from Scotland, and i will be moving to the far south of Az, Bisbee,
about 5 mins from the Mexican border.

good luck with the interview, and stay in touch, let me know how you go with the
drivers license, will be interesting to have a trailblazer. Unfortunately i have been
told that the Phx office is one of the slowest in the US, i will be dealing with
Tucson mainly i think, and apparently thats not much better, last time I was there to
pick up some forms there seemed to be 200 people jammed in the Tucson office.

cheers

Doug

http://www.marriagebasedvisas.org/ho...elanie-n-Doug/

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 27th 2001, 4:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Believe Ms. Spears purports herself to be a virgin and virgins as such are thought to be unsatisfied.

Rita
Old Oct 27th 2001, 7:13 pm
Andrew Dean

"Doug Melville" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi Doug,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Just saw this post and as I'm having my interview in London next week and I'm[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > planning to move to Phoenix in December I thought I'd just say Hi![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks again for posting that URL that I'd lost.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Denis[/usenetquote2]

Went and renewed my driving license today in Mesa, AZ no problems. It is now valid
till Nov next year when my EAD runs out again.

AD

Old Oct 28th 2001, 7:58 am
Doug Melville

cool, thanks for that andrew.... lets hope it stays like that...

Doug

http://www.marriagebasedvisas.org/ho...elanie-n-Doug/

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 28th 2001, 7:53 pm
Denis Barlow

>
im
    >
    >

Hi Doug,

I originate from Rochdale near Manchester and I currently live in Letchworth in Herts
but my favourite part of the UK is where I lived from 1974 to 1980, Balloch at the
southern tip of Loch Lomond.

I'm certainly going to be applying for my SSN and Drivers License as soon as I get to
Phoenix, I'm planning on arriving in Phoenix on December 5th so whether I'll be
successful before Christmas I don't know. Good luck with your interview too!

As for Bisbee, it is one of Cathy's favourite places, I've been there and we will
undoubtedly visit there again sometime. Nice place.

Denis

>
with
    >
    >
in
    >
    >
to
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi Doug,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Just saw this post and as I'm having my interview in London next week[/usenetquote2]
and
[usenetquote2]> > I'm planning to move to Phoenix in December I thought I'd just say Hi![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks again for posting that URL that I'd lost.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Denis[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Oct 28th 2001, 7:54 pm
Denis Barlow

"andrew dean" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > Hi Denis, where in the UK ??? I have my interview 19th November here in Sydney,[/usenetquote2]
but im
[usenetquote2]> > originally from Scotland, and i will be moving to the far south of Az, Bisbee,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > about 5 mins from the Mexican border.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > good luck with the interview, and stay in touch, let me know how you go[/usenetquote2]
with
[usenetquote2]> > the drivers license, will be interesting to have a trailblazer. Unfortunately i[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > have been told that the Phx office is one of the slowest[/usenetquote2]
in
[usenetquote2]> > the US, i will be dealing with Tucson mainly i think, and apparently[/usenetquote2]
thats
[usenetquote2]> > not much better, last time I was there to pick up some forms there[/usenetquote2]
seemed to
[usenetquote2]> > be 200 people jammed in the Tucson office.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > cheers[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Doug[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > http://www.marriagebasedvisas.org/homepages/visa/k-1/au/Melanie-n-Doug/[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Hi Doug,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Just saw this post and as I'm having my interview in London next week[/usenetquote2]
and
[usenetquote2]> > > I'm planning to move to Phoenix in December I thought I'd just say Hi![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thanks again for posting that URL that I'd lost.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Denis[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Thanks Andrew, that gives me hope of getting mine before Christmas.

Denis

Old Oct 29th 2001, 6:49 am
Doug Melville

Hi Denis,

well balloch is one of my favorite places From Rochdale huh ?? well, you almost
count as a Scotsman then ...

yeah well, hopefully going to be arriving in the states sometime just before
christmas, prolly round 18th Dec provided all is cool at the interview. (not counting
chickens just yet

let me know how you find things, and how you go with the license, and drop me a line
if ever in bisbee.. can have coffee and laugh at the locals.

Cheers

Doug http://www.marriagebasedvisas.org/ho...elanie-n-Doug/

[usenetquote2]> > Hi Denis, where in the UK ??? I have my interview 19th November here in Sydney,[/usenetquote2]
but
    >
[usenetquote2]> > originally from Scotland, and i will be moving to the far south of Az, Bisbee,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > about 5 mins from the Mexican border.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
Letchworth
    >
    >
<SNIP

Old Nov 5th 2001, 10:15 pm
Vincent Granville

If this is the new regulation, then they'll change back to the old system when they
will find out that, as a result of the change:

1. more people are driving without licence, without insurance
2. there's an increasing number of fake licences, black market, etc.

Andy Platt wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > My wife (been married 1 year and waiting AOS) went to get her license and was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > told K1 visa are not accepted and can't even take the test. Can not[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > a drivers license until she gets green card. We were told that most states were[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > changing to this.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Anyone having this problem in other states?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Have called everyone at DMV including headquarters and was told the same - just[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > changed ruleslast week.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > CRAZY!!!!!!!!!![/usenetquote2]

Old Nov 6th 2001, 2:44 pm
Jan

I obtained an international driving permit before i visited my US fiance in May this
lasts for 1 year and costs £4 from the RAC. If the authorities are going to make it
harder to get a US driving license will i be able to update my international permit
and drive over there on that until they see fit so issue me with a US license? Having
driven in the UK for many years i find it insulting that they are making us wait for
something so essential, our driving test is much harder than theirs and our roads as
a whole much more conjested. While i can understand the tightening of security after
Sept, i think that after being in the US immigration system for months and months and
going through so many official checks would make K1 folks unlikely terrorists, K1 is
not exactly a fast track visa as we are finding.

Jan (UK)

>
when
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Which state? Contact your state representatives - sounds like they are[/usenetquote2]
just
[usenetquote2]> > overreacting in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Andy.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > My wife (been married 1 year and waiting AOS) went to get her license[/usenetquote2]
and
[usenetquote2]> > > was told K1 visa are not accepted and can't even take the test. Can[/usenetquote2]
not
[usenetquote2]> > get[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > a drivers license until she gets green card. We were told that most[/usenetquote2]
states
[usenetquote2]> > > were changing to this.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Anyone having this problem in other states?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Have called everyone at DMV including headquarters and was told the[/usenetquote2]
same -
[usenetquote2]> > > just changed ruleslast week.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > CRAZY!!!!!!!!!![/usenetquote2]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.