Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"Candid Webcam"

"Candid Webcam"

Old Feb 18th 2005, 10:46 pm
Franklin

Default Re: "Candid Webcam"

Originally Posted by rincewind
Er....is he "knocking one out" in picture two???

*LOL* ... where's the DNA? :scared:

Last edited by Franklin; Feb 18th 2005 at 11:38 pm.

Old Feb 18th 2005, 10:50 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Bob
He can't really patent it, like you said, it's been exposed already...but also, lot of the technology is already out there in the open source, or commercially available.
It's an old idea, I've seen it done before, mate set it up himself to watch over his major project at uni to make sure no one fecked about with it while he wasn't around...he was a tad paranoid...
First time it's made the big news though, and I'm sure someone will be offering an all in one package software rather than having to find the different bits of software seperately as is the case at the mo...
The USA has a 12 month grace period; you can still file a patent within 12 months of a public disclosure. So you can file here. Got some ideas you want to make a LOT of money on Bob? I will knock out a patent for you for under $1,000, just because I am really a nice guy.

Who ever does sell this software in the UK is going to make a killing, this burglar has scored a direct marketing hit. *LOL*

Old Feb 18th 2005, 11:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
The USA has a 12 month grace period; you can still file a patent within 12 months of a public disclosure. So you can file here. Got some ideas you want to make a LOT of money on Bob? I will knock out a patent for you for under $1,000, just because I am really a nice guy.
There's a bit of a grace period in the EU to if you can prove it...still, cost of the patent is normally beyond most peoples pockets, ******* expensive they are...and the states ain't gonna help him much, expensive here too...that's why dyson did a deal with the devil and got shafted...which is why there only just coming out now over here.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 11:25 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Bob
There's a bit of a grace period in the EU to if you can prove it...still, cost of the patent is normally beyond most peoples pockets, ******* expensive they are...and the states ain't gonna help him much, expensive here too...that's why dyson did a deal with the devil and got shafted...which is why there only just coming out now over here.
Patenting is a lot cheaper here for the small inventor than in the EU. There's something called a small entity fee here (half the usual filing fee) and one US patent filing covers all 50 states of the USA; if the patent issues all 50 states are covered. Not so in the EU, if a small inventor wants EU-wide coverage he/she has got to file in every EU member state (usually after clearing the EPO hurdle), so have filing costs and maintenance fees in each EU state. Most individual inventors can't afford to file a patent in each EU member country/state.

Last edited by Franklin; Feb 18th 2005 at 11:38 pm.

Old Feb 19th 2005, 12:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
Patenting is a lot cheaper here for the small inventor than in the EU. There's something called a small entity fee here (half the usual filing fee) and one US patent filing covers all 50 states of the USA; if the patent issues all 50 states are covered. Not so in the EU, if a small inventor wants EU-wide coverage he/she has got to file in every EU member state (usually after clearing the EPO hurdle), so have filing costs and maintenance fees in each EU state. Most individual inventors can't afford to file a patent in each EU member country/state.
They do have over a year to file in the other EU countries once they have registered in there own country though....but I know what you mean...there's some frog that's suing a german for a butt expanding toilet seat claiming he filed first, even though they filed in there own countries at the same time, the german filed for EU coverage first.....all over a toilet seat...*lol*