British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Cancun (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/cancun-300627/)

Yosser May 3rd 2005 8:02 pm

Cancun

Just got back from 4 nights at the Moon palace resort in Cancun Mexico, had a bloody excellent time all you can eat and drink......and drink I did :)

Got on the plane at DFW airport, had 16 lager louts from sussex sat allround me and the missus....all had been drinking the 16 or so hours it took to get to Cancun.

"Oi love show us yer tits"...."facking flashy yanks" etc etc, is all I heard for the 2 hour flight.

Got to the hotel, you could tell all the Brits as they all wore half mast trousers, neither shorts or long pants, kind of "camp" looking if you ask me! with "slipper" looking shoes.....I know I've been gone 5 1/2 years but **** me what has happened to everyone??? and if someone asked where I was from, "Dallas" was my reply, just so I wasn't associated with the other morons gobbing off at the swimming pool bar.

NC Penguin May 3rd 2005 8:12 pm

Re: Cancun

Originally Posted by Yosser
Just got back from 4 nights at the Moon palace resort in Cancun Mexico, had a bloody excellent time all you can eat and drink......and drink I did :)

Got on the plane at DFW airport, had 16 lager louts from sussex sat allround me and the missus....all had been drinking the 16 or so hours it took to get to Cancun.

"Oi love show us yer tits"...."facking flashy yanks" etc etc, is all I heard for the 2 hour flight.

Got to the hotel, you could tell all the Brits as they all wore half mast trousers, neither shorts or long pants, kind of "camp" looking if you ask me! with "slipper" looking shoes.....I know I've been gone 5 1/2 years but **** me what has happened to everyone??? and if someone asked where I was from, "Dallas" was my reply, just so I wasn't associated with the other morons gobbing off at the swimming pool bar.

Those Brits must have been chavs! :D

NC Penguin

Dan725 May 3rd 2005 10:18 pm

Got to the hotel, you could tell all the Brits as they all wore half mast trousers, neither shorts or long pants, kind of "camp" looking if you ask me! with "slipper" looking shoes.....I know I've been gone 5 1/2 years but **** me what has happened to everyone???

Were they wearing football shirts too? ;) And I think those trousers are gay too.

Yosser May 4th 2005 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Dan725
Were they wearing football shirts too? ;) And I think those trousers are gay too.

Funny you mention that, but yes they were, having breakfast was like sitting next to half the Premiership, several Liverpool, Man united and a Bolton shirts :D

Pimpbot May 4th 2005 1:25 pm

I always regret going to Cancun last when we back packed around Mexico a few years back. By the time we got there, we were broke and use to paying 50 pence for a beer, where as when we got to Cancun, we were in "little America" with prices to match. We stayed one night and headed to Isla Mujeries(sp) a small little island just off Cancun. Spent our last two days racing around the island on mopeds.

franc111s May 4th 2005 2:47 pm

Me and the missues have done the moon palace twice - talk about wonderful. Real easy to get to from Atlanta too.

We must have lucked out because it was out of season and there was ahrdly anyone there. That gorgous beach just for us.... And all those restaurants - and "free" food....

Oh..... sitting here at my desk - I need a vacation ;)

ironporer May 4th 2005 2:51 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I thought all Brits on vacation were like that...and if not they have the most sunburned pale pasty white skin, and sandals with socks, and appear to wander aimlessly snapping pictures of everything in site . :D

mandpete May 4th 2005 2:59 pm

To avoid chavs make sure the hotel you choose is not in any of the main british travel brochures.

britvic May 4th 2005 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by ironporer
Maybe it's just me, but I thought all Brits on vacation were like that...and if not they have the most sunburned pale pasty white skin, and sandals with socks, and appear to wander aimlessly snapping pictures of everything in site . :D

Not since I was a kid have I ever seen Brits wareing socks with sandals. It dose not make you a Chav because of wearing a football shirt!!!

Yosser May 4th 2005 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by franc111s
Me and the missues have done the moon palace twice - talk about wonderful. Real easy to get to from Atlanta too.

We must have lucked out because it was out of season and there was ahrdly anyone there. That gorgous beach just for us.... And all those restaurants - and "free" food....

Oh..... sitting here at my desk - I need a vacation ;)

Not a bad gaff the moon palace. bloody huge though, that swimming pool must be a mile long....I had to stop at every pool bar dotted around for a refreshment before attempting the next 50 yards :D

I was told that Cancun was not windy, so I left all my windsurf kit at home, so of course it blew its tits off the whole time. I tried to talk the jetski hire chap into letting me have a go on his learner windsurf equipment (thats all they had), he thought i was crazy...."no way, senoir....tiz too windy"!

It was my first time to a all inclusive resort, I was like a kid in a sweet shop bloody eyes popping out at breakfast, lunch 'n' dinner they were.

franc111s May 5th 2005 12:13 pm

Not a bad gaff the moon palace. bloody huge though, that swimming pool must be a mile long....I had to stop at every pool bar dotted around for a refreshment before attempting the next 50 yards :D

I was told that Cancun was not windy, so I left all my windsurf kit at home, so of course it blew its tits off the whole time. I tried to talk the jetski hire chap into letting me have a go on his learner windsurf equipment (thats all they had), he thought i was crazy...."no way, senoir....tiz too windy"!

It was my first time to a all inclusive resort, I was like a kid in a sweet shop bloody eyes popping out at breakfast, lunch 'n' dinner they were.

Plus 20 pounds heavier ;)_