Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cancelling/reapplying For A K-1

Cancelling/reapplying For A K-1

Old May 16th 2002, 6:20 am
Just Joined

tosh32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cancelling/reapplying For A K-1

I'm UK,she's US. I was due to be flying out this summer.However we've decided for various reasons that we may have to put things on hold for a little while.We should go ahead with it at a later date,so we now have 3 options:

1)my interview at the London embassy is next month. I can go ahead and get the visa anyway-it's valid for 6 months (but we may have to wait till next year,so this wouldn't be a great idea).
2)I can contact the embassy and tell them to cancel it but to keep our file open,so we wouldn't have to deal with the INS again till AOS.
3)I can tell the embassy/INS to cancel the whole thing. We could then start the whole K-1 process from scratch when the time is right. I'm assuming it will be OK to apply for a K-1 twice,given that we have known each other for 8 years and therefore have no probs proving the strength of our relationship.
Any input?
Old May 17th 2002, 6:16 am
Just Joined

tosh32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cancelling/reapplying For A K-1

I REALLY NEED ADVICE WITH THIS ONE ASAP!!!
Old May 17th 2002, 2:20 pm
Andy Platt

Default Re: Cancelling/reapplying For A K-1

You could contact the embassy and see if they would agree to revalidate the petition
allowing you to get the visa later so that you could enter next year. Otherwise just
cancel the thing and reapply from scratch. So long as you document the reasons for
reapplying, there shouldn't be any issues. It's happened before.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "tosh32"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm UK,she's US. I was due to be flying out this summer.However we've decided for
    > various reasons that we may have to put things on hold for a little while.We should
    > go ahead with it at a later date,so we now have 3 options:
    >
    > 1)my interview at the London embassy is next month. I can go ahead and get the visa
    > anyway-it's valid for 6 months (but we may have to wait till next year,so this
    > wouldn't be a great idea).
    > 2)I can contact the embassy and tell them to cancel it but to keep our file open,so
    > we wouldn't have to deal with the INS again till AOS.
    > 3)I can tell the embassy/INS to cancel the whole thing. We could then start the
    > whole K-1 process from scratch when the time is right. I'm assuming it will be OK
    > to apply for a K-1 twice,given that we have known each other for 8 years and
    > therefore have no probs proving the strength of our relationship. Any input?
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com