Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can you place the States?

Can you place the States?

Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:10 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light
Default Can you place the States?

Test yourself here!

http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/states_experiment_drag-drop_Intermed_State15s_500.html

I got 90% with average error 17 miles. Not too shabby!
Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:36 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you place the States?

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
Test yourself here!

[URL=http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/states_experiment_drag-drop_Intermed_State15s_500.html[/URL]

I got 90% with average error 17 miles. Not too shabby!
Use this link http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/stat...te15s_500.html

I got 90% too! Some of the square states are tough if you get them at the beginning
Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

90% and 13 miles.....

Not bad even if i do say so myself. Try placing Iowa on a blank map....
Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

AmeriBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

96% with an average error of 13 miles. Completed it in 490 seconds, not sure whether that is good or not
Old Nov 29th 2004, 9:01 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

92% and 20 miles

For a real challenge, try it in Advanced mode

70% and 67 miles. Those central states are real hard on a blank map...
Old Nov 29th 2004, 9:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only loser then? *lol*
I got 77% though it didn't help that I got most of the square states towards the beginning, getting them close ain't quite good enough
Old Nov 29th 2004, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

80% and 60 miles... I got all the small east-coast states in the beginning... yikes!

Old Nov 29th 2004, 9:47 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

80% & 64 miles, totally blew Idaho
Old Nov 29th 2004, 11:12 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

88% and 24 miles. That was just like doing a jigsaw puzzle, well, would've been had there been a piccy to complete...
Old Nov 30th 2004, 2:11 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

84% ave error 42 miles!!

heck i'm chuffed the only reason i had a clue is because the kids have a wooden puzzle of the states and it's currently scattered about the living room...i've often tried in vain to clear it up but don't pay too much attention it has a clear part that you put in first that gives you the outlines of each state

the kids can actually complete it without that