Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can You Imagine?

Wikiposts

Can You Imagine?

Old Oct 15th 2005, 3:17 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can You Imagine?

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
PMSL Peter Kay...brilliant

Exactly, I just love him..

Just received the Max and Paddy DVD from the UK, I am extra chuffed as he also sent me a signed DVD cover...YIPPPEE...

Absolute class and very underrated...
Old Oct 15th 2005, 3:27 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScyLarc
I watched the documentary about this family, it was very interesting....

They obviously love their kids and provide for them but they don't let them participate in what i call the Real world at all. They are all home schooled, their parents run their church out of the family home, the only friends they have are in this church, the girls have to wear certain types of clothing (it must be considered modest) and all in all they seem to have very little interaction with the world outside their family.
sounds like the begginings of a cult

ant
Old Oct 16th 2005, 3:03 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robskatie
Wouldn't be right not too match now would it
(sent you some karma btw!!!)
Thanx, preech!
Old Oct 17th 2005, 3:19 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

They're depriving these kids of their childhood, it's really sad. Each kid is assigned a younger one to look after. I can't wait until the oldest one or ones gets out into the real world, and how nuts they go when they realise exactly what they've been missing! lol

Oh, and they use harsh parenting "methods" too, like blanket training. Utterly horrible, resprehensible and non-loving.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 6:17 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
They're depriving these kids of their childhood, it's really sad. Each kid is assigned a younger one to look after. I can't wait until the oldest one or ones gets out into the real world, and how nuts they go when they realise exactly what they've been missing! lol

Oh, and they use harsh parenting "methods" too, like blanket training. Utterly horrible, resprehensible and non-loving.
Not sure if I really wanna know, but what is blanket training? Does it have something to do with restraining a child?
Old Oct 17th 2005, 6:29 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Not sure if I really wanna know, but what is blanket training? Does it have something to do with restraining a child?
Pretty much. Blanket training is nasty. You put a young baby on a blanket then take a spoon and hit the floor all around the blanket on the floor. When the baby crawls off the blanket, you spank the baby, put the baby back on the blanket, then hit the floor around the blanket with the spoon. This is all in the name of the bible, too. *sigh*

The family follows this brand of child training: http://nogreaterjoy.org/index.php?id=8 This whacko is trying to find a future husband for his 6-month old granddaughter already: http://nogreaterjoy.org/index.php?id=52&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=151&tx_ttnews[backPid]=24&cHash=b8d4974b0e I guess the kid would be approaching 3 by now. Poor kid. That website advertises seminars, too. I don't know about anyone else, but I sure as hell don't need to attend some stranger's seminar to tell me how to parent my own kid.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:18 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Pretty much. Blanket training is nasty. You put a young baby on a blanket then take a spoon and hit the floor all around the blanket on the floor. When the baby crawls off the blanket, you spank the baby, put the baby back on the blanket, then hit the floor around the blanket with the spoon. This is all in the name of the bible, too. *sigh*

The family follows this brand of child training: http://nogreaterjoy.org/index.php?id=8 This whacko is trying to find a future husband for his 6-month old granddaughter already: http://nogreaterjoy.org/index.php?id=52&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=151&tx_ttnews[backPid]=24&cHash=b8d4974b0e I guess the kid would be approaching 3 by now. Poor kid. That website advertises seminars, too. I don't know about anyone else, but I sure as hell don't need to attend some stranger's seminar to tell me how to parent my own kid.

I was about to click on your link but then decided not to. Probably too depressing for words, and I don't need depressing right now.

Sad fact is that the Bible can be used to justify just about anything...
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:49 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira
Sad fact is that the Bible can be used to justify just about anything...
Didn't you know that so long as you go to church every sunday, you are a good person and everything is forgiven?
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:07 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz

that guy needs to fall off a cliff
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:25 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Didn't you know that so long as you go to church every sunday, you are a good person and everything is forgiven?
Unfortunately I have meet way too many people that actually believe this bullsh*t statement!