Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can you believe this?

Can you believe this?

Old Feb 3rd 2006, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can you believe this?

If this is all they have to worry about then I pity them. Imo of course.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060202/...tv/faust_video
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 11:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you believe this?

blimey...how much cotton wool do these highschool kids need to be wrapped up in these days?...muppets
Old Feb 4th 2006, 12:29 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
blimey...how much cotton wool do these highschool kids need to be wrapped up in these days?...muppets
And you barely out of short pants

This story does not surprise me. You should see how some of the moms carry on in some of my homeschool boards........... oh, 14 year old is too young to read 'such and such' classic due to 'adult content'. They are way overprotected .
Old Feb 4th 2006, 12:31 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear
This story does not surprise me. You should see how some of the moms carry on in some of my homeschool boards........... oh, 14 year old is too young to read 'such and such' classic due to 'adult content'. They are way overprotected .
I'm not sure if overprotected is the phrase i would use - their parents are simple ignorant buffons.
Bet most of their folks let them watch csi and tv shows like that
Old Feb 4th 2006, 2:16 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

This is one of those great hypocritical situations where the religious among us tell biblical stories to their young children and then complain when a school attempts to educate them with something classical.

It's sad, very sad that some choose to live in such a bubble.

People, at the end of the day if you don't want your kids subjected to life, home school them and turn them into mindless freaks that have no clue about the World around them.

Boy, this Vodka sure is fueling the fire tonight
Old Feb 4th 2006, 2:18 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

You want a box on the ears again?

These kids were in a public school, note, not a homeschool support group
Old Feb 4th 2006, 2:23 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
This is one of those great hypocritical situations where the religious among us tell biblical stories to their young children and then complain when a school attempts to educate them with something classical.

It's sad, very sad that some choose to live in such a bubble.

People, at the end of the day if you don't want your kids subjected to life, home school them and turn them into mindless freaks that have no clue about the World around them.

Boy, this Vodka sure is fueling the fire tonight

OMG, this cannot be real!!!

Gounod's Faust is one of the most sublime pieces of music drama ever written. This is so sad. I feel sorry not just for the kids, but also for the parents. All the life experiences that they are missing...
Old Feb 4th 2006, 2:37 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
OMG, this cannot be real!!!

Gounod's Faust is one of the most sublime pieces of music drama ever written. This is so sad. I feel sorry not just for the kids, but also for the parents. All the life experiences that they are missing...
er..I've never even heard of Faust "doh" just slap me round the head now

as for the parents what idiots...what's the bet these same religious freaks who are claiming the teacher is a devil worshipper were the first in line at the movies to show their 1st grader Passion of the Christ

Actually I was a bit angry when my then 2nd grader told me her Art teacher told them about Van Gogh and all his probs...wanting to commit suicide and eventually cutting off his own ear....bit f'ing inappropriate don't you think....I kept very up to date with my daughter after that ..had a pattern emerged I would have frog marched the teacher to the principles office
Old Feb 4th 2006, 3:02 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
er..I've never even heard of Faust "doh" just slap me round the head now
I wasn't referring just to Faust... These people are likely to close themselves to so many meaningful experiences, leading poor, narrow, closed-in lives.

Poor sods. But self-righteous bastards all the same.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

[/QUOTE]

These people are likely to close themselves to so many meaningful experiences, leading poor, narrow, closed-in lives.

Somehow I do not think you gave this reply too much thought because I agree with you. It has a wider meaning in my book.

[/QUOTE]
Poor sods. But self-righteous bastards all the same.

Here we go again, tut, tut.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:08 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I bet they let their kids play those violent video games though!