Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

can this work at all.......??

can this work at all.......??

Old Sep 12th 2003, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Now in West London, but one day soon in Vancouver.....!
julius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond repute
Default can this work at all.......??

hello, all!
just a quickie here, if any good soul out there can help:
i have a blood relative in the usa who is there on an h1-b; if i send my 11 year old child over there to see him for a few weeks, and then my child feels like staying on in the usa, with my relative willing to take full care of my child, can my child then start living in the usa and start going to school etc etc?
Old Sep 12th 2003, 9:01 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can this work at all.......??

Originally posted by julius smith
hello, all!
i have a blood relative in the usa who is there on an h1-b; if i send my 11 year old child over there to see him for a few weeks, and then my child feels like staying on in the usa, with my relative willing to take full care of my child, can my child then start living in the usa and start going to school etc etc?
Public education, probably not.
might be different if you were willing to pay for them to go to a private school.
good luck!
Old Sep 13th 2003, 3:44 am
Hello Sydney Oct 1

amaslam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yes, child can go to school

Hi:

Yes, your child will be allowed to go to school (it's a law even if child is illegal).

Be aware that the child will be an "illegal" if they overstay their Visa.

This can hurt them later in life if they want to settle in US and INS will basically go (you overstayed your Visa, goodbye).

:scared:
Old Sep 13th 2003, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by julius smith
hello, all!

This question is a bit bizzare to me, am I to understand that you've already sent this child over? If not, then how do you know the child would wish to remain in the US?
Old Sep 13th 2003, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Now in West London, but one day soon in Vancouver.....!
julius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jabba1
This question is a bit bizzare to me, am I to understand that you've already sent this child over? If not, then how do you know the child would wish to remain in the US?
hi, jabba1.
yes, i guess it would sound a bit weird if you didnt know the full details!
my child has already been to visit his uncle in the states and kind of liked it out there very much, as well as being happy to live with his cousins there.
so, essentially, it was my child who instigated the whole question saying that he would like to stay over there and start his schooling there too, if it was possible!
his uncle has said that he will pay all costs for as long as my boy feels like staying there.
will the ins allow this?
Old Sep 13th 2003, 2:27 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Unless he comes in on an appropriate visa then no! He can't just waltz in and stay (legally). His uncle can't sponsor him on a H1B (or at all for that matter) and he doesn't qualify for any other visa. If he went over and stayed it would be illegally and would hurt him in the future (I think that has already been said).

Nice thought though

Patrick[

QUOTE]Originally posted by julius smith
hi, jabba1.
yes, i guess it would sound a bit weird if you didnt know the full details!
my child has already been to visit his uncle in the states and kind of liked it out there very much, as well as being happy to live with his cousins there.
so, essentially, it was my child who instigated the whole question saying that he would like to stay over there and start his schooling there too, if it was possible!
his uncle has said that he will pay all costs for as long as my boy feels like staying there.
will the ins allow this? [/QUOTE]