Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can UK credit score be transferred to USA?

Can UK credit score be transferred to USA?

Old May 18th 2016, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

bbcc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can UK credit score be transferred to USA?

Haha! Well I'm not heavily involved in the relocation as far as financial aspects go.
Old May 18th 2016, 6:21 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bbcc
Haha! Well I'm not heavily involved in the relocation as far as financial aspects go.
eh?

It's all financial!!
what on earth do you do then?
Old May 18th 2016, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Also, does anyone have the links to the Audi expat program and the deals from Mazda and VW?
How about Google?
Old May 18th 2016, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

You asked about international accounts, Amex, credit scores, car leasing, forex and you are not involved in financial aspects??

Forgive me for being confused.
Old May 18th 2016, 9:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
No, nothing carries over to your US credit. With Amex they will use your UK credit as the basis for issuing a US card. That provides a helpful start to building your US credit score.
But it has to be an actual AmEx, not a third party issued one and from reading the forums, they seem to be a bit more strict about the 12 months of having the card before they do this thing.
Old May 19th 2016, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
But it has to be an actual AmEx, not a third party issued one and from reading the forums, they seem to be a bit more strict about the 12 months of having the card before they do this thing.
It's only three months now, it changed recently.
Old May 19th 2016, 4:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olly_
It's only three months now, it changed recently.
Thanks for the heads up!

It seemed like the change to 12 months was pretty recent too, but I guess that's been about a year now
Old May 19th 2016, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Thanks for the heads up!

It seemed like the change to 12 months was pretty recent too, but I guess that's been about a year now

Amex seem to be desperate for customers at the moment - with the loss of the Costco deal in the US, JetBlue and probably SPG shortly they're suffering pretty badly.
Old May 24th 2016, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

cautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond repute

Also, does anyone have the links to the Audi expat program and the deals from Mazda and VW?
I have used the Mazda foreign resident program to great success. I was offered a $30k 0% APR loan with a 20% cash deposit for up to seven years (or the length of my visa or work authorization, if shorter).

Originally Posted by Olly_
... Amex seem to be desperate for customers at the moment - with the loss of the Costco deal in the US, JetBlue and probably SPG shortly they're suffering pretty badly.
A very reliable source told me that Costco USA currently transacts more business with Amex USA in one year than all of the combined spending in the whole of Amex's European operations in the same time period. I have no doubt that Amex is going to be hurting from the loss of that deal...
Old May 24th 2016, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Jeez! Take it easy guys ;-)
Old May 24th 2016, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
eh?

It's all financial!!
what on earth do you do then?
I'm mostly involved in the immigration aspect (tons and tons of paperwork) as well as the US licensing (for healthcare professionals - RN licenses, etc.) and cultural acclimation/adjustments. There is a whole other team that handles financials, ie renting apartments, buying their vehicles, opening bank accounts, etc.

I do not have a financial background, (health care is my thing) hence my unawareness of forex abbreviation. Of course I know what the Foreign Exchange is! :-)

Anyways, thanks for all the feedback, guys. It was very helpful!
Old May 24th 2016, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=cautiousjon;11954958]I have used the Mazda foreign resident program to great success. I was offered a $30k 0% APR loan with a 20% cash deposit for up to seven years (or the length of my visa or work authorization, if shorter).

I contacted Mazda but they would not give me much information on APR rates and all that. They also said you would have to go through Chase, not Mazda directly. How were you offered 0%?! I cant even get that here, and I'm a US citizen
Old May 24th 2016, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

There is a whole other team that handles financials, ie renting apartments, buying their vehicles, opening bank accounts, etc.
So why not ask them all your financial questions?
Old May 24th 2016, 1:47 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bbcc;11955141]
Originally Posted by cautiousjon
I have used the Mazda foreign resident program to great success. I was offered a $30k 0% APR loan with a 20% cash deposit for up to seven years (or the length of my visa or work authorization, if shorter).

I contacted Mazda but they would not give me much information on APR rates and all that. They also said you would have to go through Chase, not Mazda directly. How were you offered 0%?! I cant even get that here, and I'm a US citizen
Hi bbcc

not true about the mazda financing having to go through chase. My OH got new mazda 3 lease yesterday and the financing was Mazda Capital Financing. 0% etc.

If your client is thinking about a mazda, then they may do better to wait until they arrive in the USA and have a social security number. I am not aware of anyone who got a Mazda before arriving.

Sorry, to be hard on you about the financing... I've sent you a pm btw.
Old May 24th 2016, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
So why not ask them all your financial questions?
Because I was asked to research better alternatives to International AutoSource, which is what we currently use for our clients to purchase cars. Hence my original question!

Whats with the interrogation?! We're all friends here!