Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can someone please change the channel

Can someone please change the channel

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:25 am

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can someone please change the channel

Its been hotter than heck here today, I'm a little worn out.
I decided to have a quiet night watching the TV with a glass of scotch (Sue is working nights). Anyway the damn remote control just stopped working.
I have been throwing candies at the channel button on the TV, and had great success in getting the dog to turn the tv over when she goes to get the candy. However I am a bit of a channel surfer and the dog just puked all over the room. . .
I have put a large candy in each of my nostrils which seems to help with the smell, but the damn TV is showing some old episode of the Brady bunch. Idea's please.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:30 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can someone please change the channel

Originally Posted by Pony
I decided to have a quiet night watching the TV with a glass of scotch (Sue is working nights). Anyway the damn remote control just stopped working.
I have been throwing candies at the channel button on the TV, and had great success in getting the dog to turn the tv over when she goes to get the candy. However I am a bit of a channel surfer and the dog just puked all over the room. . .
I have put a large candy in each of my nostrils which seems to help with the smell, but the damn TV is showing some old episode of the Brady bunch. Idea's please.
a fishing rod?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:31 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pony
I have put a large candy in each of my nostrils which seems to help with the smell, but the damn TV is showing some old episode of the Brady bunch. Ideas please.
snooker cue plus spider rest with extended legs
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by elfman
snooker cue plus spider rest with extended legs
Yes that would give more control
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:34 am
Account Closed

Put a mirror at the back of the room and lie in front of the tv watching it in the mirror (adapted from the way some people like to make shoot-em-up videogames harder)
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Yes that would give more control
I picked up on the mention of scotch
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Employ one of those street gang kids to run back and forth to the TV and change channels .... should do it for a meal and a bed.
Just make sure he or she understands English ... lotta mexicans round there.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:36 am
Account Closed

Sit within reach of the control and use binoculars the wrong way round to watch the screen
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:38 am
Account Closed

Bring the swinging sofa thingy in from the porch and launch your foot forward to reach the control with your outstretched toe
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:38 am
A lion in your lap

this is all starting to sound like Viz Top Tips
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:39 am
Account Closed

this is all starting to sound like Viz Top Tips
Just what I was thinking
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:42 am
A lion in your lap

Just what I was thinking
Expats: Annoy your wife when she's working nights by getting bladdered, breaking the TV, and covering the living room in dog puke.

I might actually send that in to Viz
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:45 am
Account Closed

Expats: Annoy your wife when she's working nights by getting bladdered, breaking the TV, and covering the living room in dog puke.

I might actually send that in to Viz

Expats' wives: ensure your husband does not loaf around drinking scotch while you are working nights by relacing the tv remote batteries with dead ones
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:46 am
A lion in your lap

Expats' wives: ensure your husband does not loaf around drinking scotch while you are working nights by relacing the tv remote batteries with dead ones
and hiding the candy
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:47 am
Account Closed

and hiding the candy
and taking the dog with you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.