Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can my hubby claim UK tax back ?

Can my hubby claim UK tax back ?

Old Sep 14th 2009, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

sueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant future
Default Can my hubby claim UK tax back ?

We have lived in USA now for nearly 5yrs, are we eligible to claim Pauls tax back from the UK ?
Thank you
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:01 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can my hubby claim UK tax back ?

Originally Posted by sueanne View Post
We have lived in USA now for nearly 5yrs, are we eligible to claim Pauls tax back from the UK ?
Thank you
Do you mean income tax he paid while employed in the UK 5 years ago? On what grounds?
Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:55 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

P-85 refers to tax paid in the year you bugger off...don't know how late you can try claim that year back, but you can't claim anything else back.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 4:46 pm
Goooner!

Pipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
P-85 refers to tax paid in the year you bugger off...don't know how late you can try claim that year back, but you can't claim anything else back.
And you have to be in the uk less than 180 days in that final year. I missed this by just 11 days and was gutted!
Old Sep 21st 2009, 6:19 am
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pipmeister View Post
And you have to be in the uk less than 180 days in that final year. I missed this by just 11 days and was gutted!
To claim all of it back yes, although even staying more than 180 days you should be due some refund as you still get full year's allowance so you would have overpaid.