Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can more than one company file for GC for the same person?

Can more than one company file for GC for the same person?

Old Apr 25th 2002, 5:00 pm
Jef

Default Can more than one company file for GC for the same person?

Hi, Can more than one company file for the GC for the same person regardless of the
fact that only one of them holds the H1 for the candidate? At what point the company
will have to sponsor the H1 of the candidate and what is the period for which the
candidate needs to work for that company?

I hope somebody has the answer, Thanks -Jef

Old Apr 25th 2002, 9:30 pm
Lisa

Default Re: Can more than one company file for GC for the same person?

[email protected] (Jef) wrote in message
news:<[email protected] com>...
    > Hi, Can more than one company file for the GC for the same person regardless of the
    > fact that only one of them holds the H1 for the candidate? At what point the
    > company will have to sponsor the H1 of the candidate and what is the period for
    > which the candidate needs to work for that company?
    >
    > I hope somebody has the answer, Thanks -Jef

There is no limit for H1-B or green card sponsorship per company. As at the end of
the day there is NO guarantees that the individual that you are sponsoring will get
it. Visas are issued during the fiascal year, i.e Oct 1st -Sept 30th. When they get
their visas/greencards, well, it's all about how early you applied and with no
screw ups. I applied for H1-B in late March and got it in the first week of
October, but between the time period of March to October I was not allowed to work,
as my visa was not approved yet! H1-B's are only valid for 3-6yrs, so during that
time, it is crucial to apply for green card through employment which should take
about 2-3yrs to proccess!

Choose one company for green card sponsorship, as at the end of the day you might get
2 green cards!! Don't know if that is possible, speak to an immigration attorney!

I would advise you to seek advice from an immigration attorney as they do give
you advice and information over the phone, as after all they want you to retain
their services!

Best of luck