British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   can i speed up interview date? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/can-i-speed-up-interview-date-105176/)

robbiesgirl Aug 5th 2001 7:13 pm

I am currently awaiting an interview date at the US Embassy in London (i'm applying for a K-1 visa). My petition was approved May 10th of this year. I am hoping to travel to the US on the 28th of August. Is there any way i can speed up getting my date of my interview? Has anyone done this before? The Embassy seems to be real slow. Thanks.

Raoul Duke Aug 5th 2001 8:41 pm

No way - you were approved on May 10th and still have not got an interview date? I'm
currently waiting for an interview date, but I was approved a month after you from
the CSC. This is kind of worrying.....

Have you called them to find out if they have received the approval notice?

Depending on what date you put on the IV15 for your intended marriage date, it might
be worth getting the original copy of your 2nd NOA and seeing if they will arrange
based on that. I reckon I might give that a try.......

Best of luck......let us know how you get on.....

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Ameriscot Aug 5th 2001 8:53 pm

The London Embassy seems to work around your travel date (as declared on your OF-169 or UK/85 document checklist), but if you don't have an interview scheduled already, it doesn't look good for a 28/8 exit.

The standard way to make sure your process goes swiftly is to open a provision file with the visa branch around the same time you file the petition, then to get the required documents assembled promptly. The earlier the visa branch receives your application form, document checklist and petition approval, the sooner they will act on your case.

As far as queue-jumping is concerned, I don't think they would do this without an excellent humanitarian reason, as it seems that everyone is just as desperate to get their visa. You could call them and tell them that you are willing to attend an interview on short notice (they usually give you 2 weeks notice).

robbiesgirl Aug 5th 2001 9:00 pm

Thanks, i might try that. The only reason i am worried about it is that with my petition being approved on the 10th of May, i only have until the 9th of September before it "runs out" so to speak. I am really wanting to get there at least before the 11th of Septemeber, as that's my b-day and we wanting to spend it together. Oh well, they say patience is a virtue :)

Raoul Duke Aug 5th 2001 9:15 pm

....the bottom line here is that you have already waited a very long time. That's 3
months from approval for goodness sake!

Call them up. Monday morning. Do you have their 'unpublished' phone number? I
could probably find it for you if it helps. Get on their case......you'v been
waiting way too long.

Unfortunately it may be too late for your 28/8 intentions. A little while ago they
were totally booked up for interviews for the next weeks. Anyone know different?

Best of luck.....let us know how you get on.....

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

PriZm Aug 5th 2001 10:26 pm

I am applying for a Spousal visa (DCF) via the US Embassy in London and was recently given an interview date of 17th Sept. On my OF-169 I had put down a travel date of December, so initially they wanted me to have the interview the first week of December. I on the otherhand did not find this convenient due to work and university constraints - so after a letter and 2 faxes, I got an interview when I wanted, and not when they thought it was best.

The Embassy in London are quite accommodating and if you pursue them, they eventually come through. What Ameriscot describes is absolutely correct and the sooner you file the packet 3 stuff the sooner you can get moving.

PriZm.

Xtrynytix Aug 6th 2001 11:38 am

Wow, you have waited a long time.

I did open a provisional file as soon as the petition was filed back in May.

I put down 'end of July' as my preferred travel date as the wedding is scheduled for
September.

We received approval on 5th July and Mark received notification by letter on the 12th
July. London sent out my interview date on the 13th July. I was amazed.

The interview date was for 1st August.

I would, if I were you, call them. To make sure they have received your Approval. You
should ask them why the delay.

Just one thing, when I was looking (yet again) at my Visa on Wednesday evening when I
got back from the interview, I noticed to my horror they had made a mistake in my
Alien Number. It was different on the Visa to the one they originally gave Mark.

I phoned the Embassy as soon as it was open the following morning and they said 'not
to worry.' I had no problems with this at POE. Whether I will further down the line,
remains to be seen.

Well, I am now happily with Mark, I flew out on the 4th August and it's full steam
ahead with wedding plans.

Good luck to you all Much love Becki and Mark x

robbiesgirl Aug 6th 2001 5:39 pm

I know... i have been waiting ages. What a pain in the ass. I bet some Forrest Gump has misplaced my file or something, i just know it :) I'm going to call them on Wednesday as that's my only day off work. I hope i get an interview as quick as you Becki. Thanks for suggesting seeing if they got my approval date, but i know it's there. My fiance works for the CSC and he got a friend to check that it arrived at London, and it has. I know the Embassy are short staffed at the moment, and i'm sure their employees have all been taking holidays and stuff, i just keep trying to rationalise things. Hopefuly when i call Wednesday everything should move quicker. I am currently calling 02073553335 - does anyone know if there's another number i can call that's not just open from 2-4pm weekdays? Anyway guys, look for an update on Wednesday, i'll let you know what goes on. Good luck with everything, and thanks for helping me out and let me whinge to you :D