Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

can I marry a man who is not the persona who applies the K1visa for me if I find the

can I marry a man who is not the persona who applies the K1visa for me if I find the

Old Oct 29th 2001, 11:24 am
Just Joined

tutu is an unknown quantity at this point

if i find the person who applis the k1visa for me is really not good?( i mean to stay in US within the 90 days and can i apply the us green card there?)
Old Oct 29th 2001, 12:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No, you have to either marry the person who petitioned for your entry into the US on a Fiancee Visa or leave the country. You cannot adjust status by marrying another US Citizen. Nor can you adjust status to another type of visa, i.e. student, work, etc. until you have physically left the country and reapplied from outside of the US.

Rita
Old Oct 29th 2001, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Richard1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

You found out your intended fiancee was no good, dumped him, and found another guy and want to marry him all in less than 90 days!!!!! CRAZY!!!