Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can i have my permanent resident card revoked and then deported??

Wikiposts

Can i have my permanent resident card revoked and then deported??

Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:13 am
Just Joined

Texanhammer will become famous soon enoughTexanhammer will become famous soon enough
Default Can i have my permanent resident card revoked and then deported??

Hi everybody
I have been issued with a permanent resident card from being a k1 holder,
i have an American wife and daughter,
the problem is when i left old blighty i had a few bank card debts
that have now arisen there ugly heads, could these affect my permanent
residence status in anyway shape or form if uscis were to find out about them??
im at my witts end with worry as im not in a position to be able to pay them
at the moment after paying the fees for my son and i to become residents.

could any of you guys/gals give me any sort of legal answer or link to an answer
as i have googled and yahooed myself out trying to find one
Thanks for your help in this matter
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can i have my permanent resident card revoked and then deported??

Originally Posted by Texanhammer
Hi everybody

could any of you guys/gals give me any sort of legal answer or link to an answer
If you have lied on your application, for starters. I'm sure that there is a range of criminal offences that also lead to revocation and subsequent deportation, too.

Jim.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody

I've never heard of anyone losing their residency for being behind on debt payments in their home country. If you're simply behind making payments on a debt, AFAIK, that's not considered a criminal offense. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

Hi everybody

If you just have unpaid credit cards then I don't see a problem as regards your status in US. It has nothing to do with the USCIS.

If you plan to pay them off, just give them a ring and arrange a payment plan, they will take whatever they can get if you are out of the country.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 2:00 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

the problem is when i left old blighty i had a few bank card debts that have now arisen there ugly heads, could these affect my permanent residence status in anyway shape or form if uscis were to find out about them??
You're worrying about nothing. Pay 'em or don't pay 'em -- it won't make any difference to your permanent residence status in the US. USCIS et al. are interested in your criminal record; ccjs are civil.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it depends on what you mean by risen their ugly heads.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 2:29 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
AFAIK, that's not considered a criminal offense. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Wish that it would be considered a criminal offense. You contract for the loan of money to buy yourself goodies and then run away from the debt. Essentially it is theft.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

That's why I said he needs to elaborate. Depending on the circumstances he could be looking at criminal charges.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Texanhammer will become famous soon enoughTexanhammer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rete
Wish that it would be considered a criminal offense. You contract for the loan of money to buy yourself goodies and then run away from the debt. Essentially it is theft.
I wasnt after your moral judgement of me or stated that i was running away from responsibilitys that i have.
so try keep to my question and not make stupid remarks on this thread
if you have nothing nice to say then dont say it
trogg on somebody elses thread.
i was asking if it could affect my permanent residence until i am in a position to pay them back.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
If you have lied on your application, for starters. I'm sure that there is a range of criminal offences that also lead to revocation and subsequent deportation, too.

Jim.
For starters!!What makes you think i have lied on my application?
this thread was started for information purposes and not for a personal judgement of my character.
now all those people who have imformation on what im asking feel free to post.
all them other people who want to personally criticize me. get a life get away from the computer screen youve been there to long,nobody wants to read your s**t.

Last edited by Texanhammer; Feb 29th 2008 at 3:12 am.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

I wasnt after your moral judgement of me or stated that i was running away from responsibilitys that i have.
so try keep to my question and not make stupid remarks on this thread
if you have nothing nice to say then dont say it
trogg on somebody elses thread.
i was asking if it could affect my permanent residence until i am in a position to pay them back.
with all due respect... you have just joined the forum and explained you left the UK leaving debts behind which are now rearing their ugly heads.

This is a forum where people put their thought and opinions out there for the world to see.

If someone wants to criticise you for leaving money behind, so be it. If you dont want people to give you grief, dont air your dirty laundry in public. Call the USCIS directlt. After all, they are the ones who can tell you the facts.

I worked hard to clear my debts before i left, therefore i have no sympathy for someone else who doesnt do the same.

You have to have a thick skin on here! trust me! Those that dont, dont last very long......

Heres the good news..... Its Friday!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:13 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express

Jim.
I don't recall any questions about debt on anything DH filled out. The only thing we were asked about was if he had received any type of public assitance, charity, etc. since he had been in the States.

I don't think being behind on credit card payments is a criminal offense here. If it were, a lot of people would be in jail!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:13 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by basementwaj
with all due respect... you have just joined the forum and explained you left the UK leaving debts behind which are now rearing their ugly heads.
:
Your just old fashioned ....moving to the US was far more important
that paying his debts ...
Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Your just old fashioned ....moving to the US was far more important
that paying his debts ...
you're right.... i should've gone on a spending spree before i left! Bugger, why didnt i think of that
Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
I don't recall any questions about debt on anything DH filled out. The only thing we were asked about was if he had received any type of public assitance, charity, etc. since he had been in the States.

I don't think being behind on credit card payments is a criminal offense here. If it were, a lot of people would be in jail!
Thanks Tamms for the input, i just needed an answer to a question,
if it would affect my permanent residence? and i thought i found a site that maybe could answer that without all the other rambling crap that people decide to type, but obviously not i think il be one of those people that doesnt last very long on this site. But thank you again for your support with at least one of the sarcastic remarks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.