Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can I get UK foods in the USA?

Can I get UK foods in the USA?

Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:40 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I get UK foods in the USA?

Originally Posted by brisycom
Hi,

I am just starting an online store selling British Foods worldwide from where I live in the UK.

I am new to these forums so don't want to get banned for breaching the forum rules by directly advertising this service but am looking for a good way to notify those expats living abroad of the service I can offer.

To add my comments about things like chocolate, I think we really do make the best in the uk especially the new Cadbury cream egg twists they have just launched her,

Regards
Brian
Do look for competitors ... there are an awful lot of them ...
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Heroes is an unknown quantity at this point

Marmite

Either you love it or you hate it

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
Where are you. Costplus/World Market has several items like Colmans Mustard, Heinz Beans, MArmite etc (they keep saying they'll be getting Branston but not seen it yet - that's what I miss the most right now!)
Though keep you eyes peeled and you'll find safeway has the odd item too.
Amazon has some market traders that offer Branston etc aswell though I try to go to them directly if I can find them.

Good Luck
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heroes
Marmite

Either you love it or you hate it
Put me in the hate it column along with salad cream.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surly
Salad cream I love it but in Stop and Shop Supermarket today it was almost 7dollars. I notice all British food as gone up in price. Even my favourite cheese.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

The trauma of Sunday meal as a boy. Always salad with salad cream, yuk. I never voluntarily ate salad until I came to the US and was able to smother it with American style dressings.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

The trauma of Sunday meal as a boy. Always salad with salad cream, yuk. I never voluntarily ate salad until I came to the US and was able to smother it with American style dressings.
New potato's with a knob of butter and salad cream smothered all over them and a nice warm boiled egg with salad cream topping. Beetroots with salad cream topping. Sorry I could go on....
Old Jul 12th 2008, 4:21 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
New potato's with a knob of butter and salad cream smothered all over them and a nice warm boiled egg with salad cream topping. Beetroots with salad cream topping. Sorry I could go on....
.....please do
Old Jul 12th 2008, 4:22 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Heathen
Old Jul 12th 2008, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
.....please do
Not that I do this but I do know someone who puts salad cream on chips. Me its tomato's, buttered bread with chicken slices. Then off course there's mint sauce, smothered all over my new potates, or mashed or on anything that I think will take it.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 4:41 am
Dis-Member

Not that I do this but I do know someone who puts salad cream on chips. Me its tomato's, buttered bread with chicken slices. Then off course there's mint sauce, smothered all over my new potates, or mashed or on anything that I think will take it.
............ugh.....ugh....go on...please go on.....

Salad cream on chips is highly acceptable...salad cream sandwiches used to be a staple and salad cream sandwiches with marmite was essential after a good session when the bloody chippie was shut............bastards!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 5:48 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
............ugh.....ugh....go on...please go on.....

Salad cream on chips is highly acceptable...salad cream sandwiches used to be a staple and salad cream sandwiches with marmite was essential after a good session when the bloody chippie was shut............bastards!
I am pretty much a salad cream on anything type of bloke. I can only find it in Shaws in Auburn other than Freeport but it's $6.49 a bottle.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

Do companies that import food from the UK to the US have special licensing? I'm guessing that getting your mother (or friend etc) to ship a crate of Baked Beans is a no-no as far as Customs are concerned?
Old Jul 12th 2008, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Damn you... chips with salad cream.... mmmmmmmmmm I want......
Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by taffie77
Do companies that import food from the UK to the US have special licensing? I'm guessing that getting your mother (or friend etc) to ship a crate of Baked Beans is a no-no as far as Customs are concerned?
get a crate from amazon for not to much money...
Old Jul 14th 2008, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
get a crate from amazon for not to much money...
I think what I miss most is the small bakeries which have a coffee and sandwich shop attached to them. I would go in with my Mum and have a proper cup of coffee and a toasted teacake or a vanilla slice or a blackcurrent tart with cream on top or a gooseberry tart......... made me laugh when people from the offices close by would come in an order 10 rounds of toast. Now who else would do that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.