Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can I get UK foods in the USA?

Can I get UK foods in the USA?

Old May 2nd 2008, 3:43 am
Banned

Anthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud of
Default Can I get UK foods in the USA?

What sites can you recommend for getting UK food by mail order in the USA?

There's just some things that don't hit the mark here.
Old May 2nd 2008, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Can I get UK foods in the USA?

Where are you. Costplus/World Market has several items like Colmans Mustard, Heinz Beans, MArmite etc (they keep saying they'll be getting Branston but not seen it yet - that's what I miss the most right now!)
Though keep you eyes peeled and you'll find safeway has the odd item too.
Amazon has some market traders that offer Branston etc aswell though I try to go to them directly if I can find them.

Good Luck
Old May 2nd 2008, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much every supermarket round here has a tiny British section usually tagged on to the Kosher aisle. Can get my Branston there...
Old May 2nd 2008, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to order online check Amazon.
Old May 2nd 2008, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Jo1973 has a brilliant futureJo1973 has a brilliant futureJo1973 has a brilliant futureJo1973 has a brilliant futureJo1973 has a brilliant futureJo1973 has a brilliant futureJo1973 has a brilliant futureJo1973 has a brilliant future

I use

http://www.britishgoodsonline.com/

I find their service is excellent and never had any problems with them, been using them for 2 years or so.

But also, investigate your locals stores like Kroger, whole Foods, World market - they do International sections and you can generally find things there like Marmite, HP, Pickle.

Just to add - If you like Heinz Beans, but don't like the look of the prices, try Krogers Vegetarian Beans in Tomato Sauce (They are the same as Heinz IMO and at a lesser price).
Old May 2nd 2008, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anthony919

If you're in the NY, PA, MD, NJ or MA? area you might want to check out Wegmans. The larger stores have pretty good British/Internation sections. However, the selection is limited (even ordering food online).

Online search, just stick in "British Food" in google and it'll bring up a large list of companies that ship all over the world.
Old May 3rd 2008, 12:20 am
Banned

Anthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud of

Thank you to all. I shall try the suggested outlets.
Old May 3rd 2008, 2:44 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

As others have suggested try World Market. Don't know if you have a Harris Teeter in your neck of the woods but I find the odd british food item in there like Tea Bags, Baked Beans and curry sauces.
Old May 4th 2008, 1:10 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Where do you live? It may not be necessary to order food by mail if there are retail stores that you can shop at.
Old May 4th 2008, 1:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CitySimon
If you're in the NY, PA, MD, NJ or MA? area you might want to check out Wegmans. The larger stores have pretty good British/Internation sections. However, the selection is limited (even ordering food online).
People keep mentioning Wegmans, not seen one in the state anywhere though...

Stop N Shop has an okay Brit section, as does Hannafords if you have one, the Robinsons there is about $3 cheaper than the local SnS.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

brisycom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am just starting an online store selling British Foods worldwide from where I live in the UK.

I am new to these forums so don't want to get banned for breaching the forum rules by directly advertising this service but am looking for a good way to notify those expats living abroad of the service I can offer.

To add my comments about things like chocolate, I think we really do make the best in the uk especially the new Cadbury cream egg twists they have just launched her,

Regards
Brian
Old Jul 11th 2008, 12:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
People keep mentioning Wegmans, not seen one in the state anywhere though...

Stop N Shop has an okay Brit section, as does Hannafords if you have one, the Robinsons there is about $3 cheaper than the local SnS.

We don't have one in our neck of NYS either. There is one in NJ that I pass on Route 9 going to Freehold.

Stop N Shop doesn't have a British aisle but they do have an Irish aisle which stocks a lot of British foods. But then I don't know if SNS is in NC.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Near Buffalo I used to go to 2 wegmans shops
Old Jul 11th 2008, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

brisycom is an unknown quantity at this point

When I was living in Orlando we used to use Goodings, but their selection was small and like the rest of their stuff really expensive
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:38 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisycom
Hi,

I am just starting an online store selling British Foods worldwide from where I live in the UK.

I am new to these forums so don't want to get banned for breaching the forum rules by directly advertising this service but am looking for a good way to notify those expats living abroad of the service I can offer.

To add my comments about things like chocolate, I think we really do make the best in the uk especially the new Cadbury cream egg twists they have just launched her,

Regards
Brian
We have a couple of few free options which any member is welcome to use: You can add a link to your signature and submit a link to your site to the links section. You can also pay $40 for a Commercial 6 month ad in the Classifieds section. For direct (banner) advertising you need to contact [email protected].

So you don't fall foul of the forum rules I suggest you take the time to familiarise yourself with them, particularly rule 9. You will also find signature guidelines in rule 18

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.