Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can I buy and insure a car in PA

Wikiposts

Can I buy and insure a car in PA

Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice
Default Re: Can I buy and insure a car in PA

Originally Posted by Lottie
We're close to Philadelphia, in a suburb called Exton, just off the mainline. Been here since August last year. Hubby started work straight away as he is on a L-1 visa. I started work in November after waiting for my work permit to come through. Have just moved from an apartment into a house, so it's been a hectic couple of months. Looking forward to the Summer and enjoying lots of good weather and barbequeing. Bit of a culture shock at the beginning, but things are getting easier now. Are you moving to be with family, as a student or for work?

Lottie
I am moving with my husband who is from NY originally, but has lived in PA also as a teenager.

We are going to live in Bucks County which is also just outside of Philadelphia. We have been in contact with an apartment that my husband used to live in, so we just have to finalise with them whether to take furnished or unfurnished. We just had a quote for moving our furniture from the UK which is quite high and as we really only need the basics, bed, suite, table & chairs etc I am thinking it may be cheaper to buy new out there. What do you think??

I will be looking for work as soon as I get out there, I have an IR 1 visa- hence the question about the cars etc. We will have to get a cheap car of some description.

We have just sold the house here so are expecting to be out there by the end of May.

Are you and your husband both english then?