Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can anyone tell me about CT?

Can anyone tell me about CT?

Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:03 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone tell me about CT?

Originally Posted by Andy_LongIsland
You wouldn't miss the snow especially on the hill we live up! Still on really bad days i'm lucky I got the facility to work from home.. that's a must sometimes
lol Didn't say I'd miss the snow, I'm from south east England, not too much snow there compared to where you are, but I do miss the Autumn, and the winter... and the spring.
See... it's kind of a one season wonder down here in FL
Maybe I'm getting an itch to move somehere with a noticeable seaonal climate change.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishinfl
lol Didn't say I'd miss the snow, I'm from south east England, not too much snow there compared to where you are, but I do miss the Autumn, and the winter... and the spring.
See... it's kind of a one season wonder down here in FL
Maybe I'm getting an itch to move somehere with a noticeable seaonal climate change.
The grass is always greener ain't it! I remember last winter thinking 'Why didn't we go to Cali or somewhere with sun?' which was quickly answered with memories of Florida where I was panting for air in April. I can't handle too much heat I discovered!

I'm from Bedfordshire originally so I know what you mean! I have to admit I enjoy being able to make snowmen - i'm nearly 30 but making up for the lack of snow in my childhood
Old Nov 11th 2008, 6:58 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

The grass is always greener ain't it! I remember last winter thinking 'Why didn't we go to Cali or somewhere with sun?' which was quickly answered with memories of Florida where I was panting for air in April. I can't handle too much heat I discovered!

I'm from Bedfordshire originally so I know what you mean! I have to admit I enjoy being able to make snowmen - i'm nearly 30 but making up for the lack of snow in my childhood
LoL yeah you're right it is always greener on the other side! I don't pant in April, but I've definately been known to overheat a bit in August when I first moved here Took me a while to adjust to it.
Florida's a one season wonder, and I do like the winter, as for the heat here in the summer, it's what central Air Con is for I like to see the leaves fall, and be able to wear a jacket, coming from the south east at home, I was mentally used to that.
After 5 years of being here, I'd possibly be tempted to go for a change of scenery now, if the option came up to move to a different state. Not that I dislike Florida particularly, but I do definately think it would be nice to try something different.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond repute

Common to CT then.. slowly as Brits we can buy back all the land and regain the British rule
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:14 pm
Banned

Common to CT then.. slowly as Brits we can buy back all the land and regain the British rule
lol Sounds like a plan to me!
CT, watch out, there's a British invasion on the horizon!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:42 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

lol Sounds like a plan to me!
CT, watch out, there's a British invasion on the horizon!
I just think we might! I have three others at work I could draft!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by tonrob
I just think we might! I have three others at work I could draft!
Bloody hell, it's going to be a serious invasion!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:58 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell, it's going to be a serious invasion!
I think we might already outnumber them...
Old Nov 12th 2008, 12:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by tonrob
I think we might already outnumber them...
lol! Best we strike while they're all asleep, just in case
Old Nov 12th 2008, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

We can't lose - we're no where no the York River this time
Old Nov 12th 2008, 1:40 pm
Banned

We can't lose - we're no where no the York River this time
LoL True, and let's not forget the element of surprise... I mean, after all this time, would they really suspect that we're on a mission to buy them out and take over the land... a little bit at a time?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 1:58 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

LoL True, and let's not forget the element of surprise... I mean, after all this time, would they really suspect that we're on a mission to buy them out and take over the land... a little bit at a time?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 2:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Cost of living varies a fair bit around the state, but housing isn't that cheap and there ain't that much for jobs depending on the sector...Hartford is a bit of a dump.

Really like the essex county area, Old Seabrook and other small towns, be a great place to live if you could work from home.

Haven't noticed any tolls either which was a bonus....though half the state are skankee fans, so that's a bit off putting

Oh, and most people we've seen were a bit crazy over UConn basketball
Old Nov 15th 2008, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinosaur
My verdict after ten years of CT is that it's basically an American version of Surrey, with the addition of some coastline and some rundown urban cent[re/er]s...for some reason I'm equating Bridgeport to a really nasty version of Woking...
I love CT ..... well most of it anyway, you have everything close at hand
Beautiful countryside and seaside towns,big cities and gangs all within a nice comute to NYC or Boston.
I used to deliver to a place near the airport at Bridgeport, one day I got to my drop very early and climbed in te bunk for a kip .... when I awoke there were half a dozen parrots sitting on the mirror arm of my truck , I then noticed hundreds of the things flying around
The guy in the building told me that several had escaped from a zoo years back and bred, So ! .... Bridgeport actually has Parrots as a local bird

Mystic is a nice place also ............. see movie 'Mystic Pizza' the Whalers inn is a nice hotel there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.