Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can Anyone Recommend An Organised Tour of LA?

Can Anyone Recommend An Organised Tour of LA?

Old Jul 1st 2013, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can Anyone Recommend An Organised Tour of LA?

Hi,

I live in San Diego and my sister is visiting so we want to take her on a tour of Hollywood, walk of fame, Beverly Hills etc (something we haven't done either since we have been here).

Can anyone recommend a good organised tour? I will be driving up to LA but thought it may be best to do a proper tour rather than drive aimlessly? What do you think?
Old Jul 1st 2013, 8:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Anyone Recommend An Organised Tour of LA?

Originally Posted by Gillymonkey
Hi,

I live in San Diego and my sister is visiting so we want to take her on a tour of Hollywood, walk of fame, Beverly Hills etc (something we haven't done either since we have been here).

Can anyone recommend a good organised tour? I will be driving up to LA but thought it may be best to do a proper tour rather than drive aimlessly? What do you think?
Those things are not too far from each other, so unless you need a guide telling you what you're looking at, I wouldn't bother with a tour. Just find a place to park and start walking around. Hollywood walk of fame and the sights around there are really only a couple of blocks long. Beverly Hills you have to drive around to see the homes, anyway, unless there was something specific you wanted to see in Beverly Hills (I think they're just well known for big beautiful homes, which you can see from the car).

Rene
Old Jul 1st 2013, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Park up in the Hollywood and Highland mall - with validation (get a drink or something there) it's about $2. Look at the Hollywood sign from the walkways. Go outside and you'll see the stars on the boulevard and handprints outside Mann's Chinese theatre. Lots of people try to sell star tours, but stars have houses which are inaccessible. So I agree with Rene, a drive around Beverly Hills will achieve the same.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! Looks like we will be driving then!
Old Jul 1st 2013, 11:04 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Try the TMZ bus!
Old Jul 1st 2013, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Don't miss Griffith Observatory..great view of the the city, the Hollywoodland sign and on a good day. the ocean.

So to keep things simple.
1. Observatory
2. Hollywood Blvd
3. Drive around Beverly Hills...and, just remembered, end up at the Getty Museum which is free, book in advance, great place for a sightsee and drink at the end of the day.

That would all use up @ 6 hours or so...
Old Jul 1st 2013, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hotscot
Don't miss Griffith Observatory..great view of the the city, the Hollywoodland sign and on a good day. the ocean.

1. Observatory
2. Hollywood Blvd
3. Drive around Beverly Hills...and, just remembered, end up at the Getty Museum which is free, book in advance, great place for a sightsee and drink at the end of the day.

Thank you so much for this! I think this is what we will do!
Old Jul 1st 2013, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to book the Getty museum now (only the one on PCH).
Old Jul 1st 2013, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

A British expat friend of mine is a travel writer in LA and has put together these guides. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...or+los+angeles
Old Jul 1st 2013, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
You don't need to book the Getty museum now (only the one on PCH).
Really? You can just turn up? (Or am I thinking you needed to book the parking maybe?)
Old Jul 1st 2013, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Really? You can just turn up? (Or am I thinking you needed to book the parking maybe?)
You can just turn up (you used to have to book the parking). But you have to book the parking for the other one (Getty Villa).
Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:36 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

1. Observatory
2. Hollywood Blvd

Parking is often tight up at the Griffith Observatory. However, if one doesn't mind walking, one can park near the Greek Theater and walk up. [Hell, I wouldn't even bother driving from where I live!].
Old Jul 4th 2013, 7:35 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.starlinetours.com/

I've seen their vans out and about. I had just received the magazine of the LFHA and Starline advertise therein.