Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

can any 1 help

can any 1 help

Old Jan 25th 2004, 7:49 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Duncan Roberts
I don't have one, I don't want one and I will never have one unless I'm forced
Same here with bells on.
Old Jan 25th 2004, 8:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Duncan Roberts
I don't have one, I don't want one and I will never have one unless I'm forced
I was given one a year ago, a pre-pay phone with 160 minutes of airtime. At the end of twelve months I hadn't used even 50 minutes.

I have it for emergencies - breakdowns (thankfully not had one yet) and for when I get stuck in traffic. All I have ever used it for is phoning my wife to let her know am near her office and ready to pick her up at the end of the day - which takes about ten seconds, if that.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 5:23 am
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all

Originally posted by ray6
Am I the only one left..I don't own a cell phone, nor want one, I have no idea what a text message is.....Am I a social outcast..
Nah Ray. I only have one because my employer pays the bill.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 5:42 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pulaski
I was given one a year ago, a pre-pay phone with 160 minutes of airtime. At the end of twelve months I hadn't used even 50 minutes.

I have it for emergencies - breakdowns (thankfully not had one yet) and for when I get stuck in traffic. All I have ever used it for is phoning my wife to let her know am near her office and ready to pick her up at the end of the day - which takes about ten seconds, if that.
Pulaski which one is that ?
Is it Tracefone (or something like that ?)
I've seen a pre-pay phone in Target where you can pay in advance for 12 months and I'm thinking of doing that one.

Can't understand why the prepaid cards expire if you use them or not - the USA behind the UK on mobile phone useage ?!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
.... Can't understand why the prepaid cards expire if you use them or not - the USA behind the UK on mobile phone useage ?!
Yes, it's a Tracfone, and very good it is too. The underlying service is actually Alltel, so if your area has good Alltel reception then Tracfone is a good bet for you.

I think that the time expires after a year, (actually 15 months as you can roll over minutes for upto three months when you buy the second year's service) so that you are actually making some contribution to the cost of maintaining the network even if you aren't using air time.

Do I recommend Tracfone? Yes, absolutely! ;D So long as you don't spend hours on the phone every month, the service is excellent and cost effective.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 26th 2004 at 9:21 pm.