Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can Anvil Throwing Replace Excitement of Formula 1

Can Anvil Throwing Replace Excitement of Formula 1

Old Sep 11th 2011, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can Anvil Throwing Replace Excitement of Formula 1

Formula 1 this year has been very dull mostly... in my opinion.

The coverage on the Speed channel has been patchy and sh*t - mostly sh*t.

And the competition itself is also dull as Red Bull continue to wipe the floor with every body else...

So... COULD the ancient sport of Anvil Throwing be a reasonable replacement? I've just recorded an episode of this on the cable box thingy under the telly - haven't watched it yet...

Just wonderin'....
Old Sep 11th 2011, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Anvil Throwing Replace Excitement of Formula 1

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
Formula 1 this year has been very dull mostly... in my opinion.

The coverage on the Speed channel has been patchy and sh*t - mostly sh*t.

And the competition itself is also dull as Red Bull continue to wipe the floor with every body else...

So... COULD the ancient sport of Anvil Throwing be a reasonable replacement? I've just recorded an episode of this on the cable box thingy under the telly - haven't watched it yet...

Just wonderin'....
Sounds like some of the stuff that went on at the highland games in Scotland I used to go to as a kid.

As far as F1 goes, I've really liked this season, despite the Red Bull dominance. Can't stand the Speed coverage though. I watch it on iPlayer instead. It's a shame that $ky are going to nab some of the coverage next year.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

eos40b is an unknown quantity at this point

New to the USA and I have found replacing the power steering pump on my discovery far more entertaining than this years F1 but will be travelling to Texas next year to watch it live. As for Anvil Throwing not sure but wife carrying from Sweeden was entertaining......
Old Sep 11th 2011, 10:38 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the comments David Hobbs comes out with are as good as any James Hunt made on the BBC. Varsha, Hobbs and Matchett epecially the last two have a wealth of knowledge. Can remember going to F1 races when Hobbs was a driver.

Today's race was worth watching just to watch Schumy keeping Hamilton behind him and JB going past the both of them.

Last edited by lansbury; Sep 11th 2011 at 10:41 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 2:25 am
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Good race this morning I thought (if you ignored the leader )
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

cowtowntaff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sheepdip
Good race this morning I thought (if you ignored the leader )
F1 has been brilliant this year if you ignore the Vettel juggernaut you heathens!

Hobbs is great but I too reach for the iPlayer for the excellence of the BBCs coverage. Us expats should be ok when it moves to Sky because my understanding is every race will be available 'as-live' on iplayer after the race has completed.