Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

On-campus work

On-campus work

Old Dec 27th 2001, 3:16 pm
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4
aqib is an unknown quantity at this point


Nice to hear your comments about my situation.Thankx, but i have some questions about that can you do T.A or G.A ship at college, or can you get some relaxation in tution fees instead of taking money for doing job at campus, and can you use your ITIN instead of SSN.
I will really appreciate your reply.

I have entered in usa on B1/B2. i applied for change of status to F1 but new status not yet received.
aqib is offline  
Old Dec 29th 2001, 3:04 pm
Posts: n/a

I used to work for the financial aid office when I was in college. You probably have
a regular student job on campus. Non-US citizens are not eligible for financial aid.
If you were to get a break on tuition and fees, that would be a form of financial aid
which you are not eligible for.

Likewise, if you were a USC, you would not be able to replace student employment with
any other types of loans, grants, or scholarships. The goverment has a limit to each
type of assistance you can receive based on your income. I was awarded work-study
nearly every year I applied for financial aid, but worked two jobs where I made a
substantial rate above what work-study pays. I could not replace my awarded
work-study for any other type of assistance.

Sorry, I could not be more of a help to you, but the goverment has very strict and
straight-forward guidelines regarding financial assistance.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.