British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Calls to UK - unlimited plan - $40 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/calls-uk-unlimited-plan-%2440-320764/)

franc111s Aug 18th 2005 11:49 am

Calls to UK - unlimited plan - $40

I just found out, although it maybe old news, that for $40 a month, bellsouth are offering unlimited calls to the UK.

Now that's a lot of calls as I only pay 5c to MCI and spend about $25 a month but if you are more than that or do a lot of business, I thought it was pretty cool.

britchicknyc Aug 18th 2005 12:56 pm

Re: Calls to UK - unlimited plan - $40

Does that include calls to mobiles?

BritGuyTN Aug 18th 2005 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by britchicknyc
Does that include calls to mobiles?

no

this is additional

i have this plan and it does work very well

ImHere Aug 18th 2005 2:58 pm

Lingo VoIP.. free calls to all of North America, Canada land lines and mobiles and Western Europe landlines. $20 per month. Ive had it for 6 months and no real problems. Quality is undistinguishable from normal landline 99% of the time.

ladylisa Aug 18th 2005 3:30 pm

Agree wouldnt be without my Lingo service, whenever someone calls me now I immediately call them back.

Lord Lionheart Aug 18th 2005 3:32 pm

I have the same plan with Verizon for $35, it's going up to $40 next month. I've been calling everyday, sometimes twice since I've had it.

britchicknyc Aug 18th 2005 4:16 pm

Is there a website for this Lingo people - where I can find out more?

ladylisa Aug 18th 2005 4:28 pm

Is there a website for this Lingo people - where I can find out more?

www.lingo.com if you mention you were recomended by a Lingo user you and the other person gets a free month. Have pm'd you.

fatbrit Aug 18th 2005 6:16 pm

'nother Lingo user here.

britchicknyc Aug 18th 2005 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by ladylisa
www.lingo.com if you mention you were recomended by a Lingo user you and the other person gets a free month. Have pm'd you.

Great! Let me have a look!

fatbrit Aug 18th 2005 6:54 pm

Great! Let me have a look!

This plan probably makes the most sense to your average Brit expat stranded in the Land o' the Free.

britchicknyc Aug 18th 2005 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit
This plan probably makes the most sense to your average Brit expat stranded in the Land o' the Free.

This does look good.

I currently have optimum voice which is also VoIP for $30 per month, unlimited US and Canada. I then pay for US calls on top.

Perhaps I should switch in Sept/Oct when the 1 yr contract is up. I wish I could find a plan that inc. British mobiles.

How much do they charge for UK mobiles?

fatbrit Aug 18th 2005 7:08 pm

This does look good.

I currently have optimum voice which is also VoIP for $30 per month, unlimited US and Canada. I then pay for US calls on top.

Perhaps I should switch in Sept/Oct when the 1 yr contract is up. I wish I could find a plan that inc. British mobiles.

How much do they charge for UK mobiles?

They're actually expensive on UK mobiles @ 0.28/min. Go here to find other rates (N.B. you don't pay for the free ones on your plan). But you can always use a calling card type plan through Lingo if you need to call UK mobiles often.

I actually mainly use Lingo for their v. cheap rates to Central and Eastern Europe. There, they are cheap.

Brit'n'TX Aug 18th 2005 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by ImHere
Lingo VoIP.. free calls to all of North America, Canada land lines and mobiles and Western Europe landlines. $20 per month. Ive had it for 6 months and no real problems. Quality is undistinguishable from normal landline 99% of the time.

do you need a special VoIP phone or does their adaptor convert your current phone?

ladylisa Aug 18th 2005 7:20 pm

they mail you a router and then you use your normal phone. Very easy.