Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Calling all US based rugby league fans

Calling all US based rugby league fans

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:49 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Calling all US based rugby league fans

Just watching tonight's NFL game.
Apparently Leeds Rhinos will be playing Russell Crowe's team in jacksonville in january next year.
I'm sure you probably already know this, but if not get your tickets.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:00 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all US based rugby league fans

The the cable channel "Versus" is currently showing a documentary series about Russel Crowe and the South Sydney Roosters on Thursday nights ...

I'd have to save some pennies but a trip to a game here in the USA could be fun
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 4:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

anyone bothered with union? college games seem pretty popular around here, but i've still not bothered go see any games.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 5:01 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
anyone bothered with union? college games seem pretty popular around here, but i've still not bothered go see any games.
The college game is pretty popular, but at many schools it is more of just a culture than a sport. There are a few schools that play good rugby (from a technical standpoint) but many others are self-coached and enjoy the reputation of being 'on the rugby team' and going to 'rugby parties' than they do learning about the specifics of the game.

I have a number of friends (old boys) who coach at the high school level. They try to teach some of the fundamentals of rugby to the kids and some play very well, but when they get to the college level they often start to falter.

The top division in the US has about 18 teams I think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_Super_League_(US)
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

fern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nice

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Just watching tonight's NFL game.
Apparently Leeds Rhinos will be playing Russell Crowe's team in jacksonville in january next year.
I'm sure you probably already know this, but if not get your tickets.
Yippe....thats my team Leeds Rhino's l used to live next door to Headingley stadium...oh those were the days! anyway thanks for the info.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:24 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
The the cable channel "Versus" is currently showing a documentary series about Russel Crowe and the South Sydney Roosters on Thursday nights ...

I'd have to save some pennies but a trip to a game here in the USA could be fun
Rabbitohs?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:30 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

I take it you mean the one in Florida?
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:04 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Rabbitohs?
Fluck!!! .....
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:27 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
I take it you mean the one in Florida?
No - the one 5 miles north of scarboro
Old Oct 24th 2007, 11:27 pm
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
No - the one 5 miles north of scarboro
Oh bugger I would have gone if it was in Florida