Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Calling all South Carolina peeps!!

Calling all South Carolina peeps!!

Old Apr 9th 2013, 5:03 am
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all South Carolina peeps!!

Originally Posted by SarahG
But then you'd miss this. (Excuse my kids and some birds getting in the way)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahge...7632243353393/
Ohhh THANKS for sharing, GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!! larfing at Barbie, she is having a great day!!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burn1911
Ohhh THANKS for sharing, GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!! larfing at Barbie, she is having a great day!!
Ha! Barbie does have a very comfortable life here with us. She gets carted around everywhere with us!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Well a snake living in my gazebo would certainly cure any boredom I'd have!
It did get kinda interesting, I used to watch it slithering up and down the frame when it was going hunting! (from inside the house obviously!)

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I hate snakes, all of them, but the black rat/ racer snakes are good to have around as they keep copperheads away (i) by eating the critters because they are more effective hunters than copperheads, and (ii) by killing copperheads.
Yeah, that was hubby's excuse for not relocating it next door!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG
But then you'd miss this. (Excuse my kids and some birds getting in the way)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahge...7632243353393/
It is a beautiful beach, it gets crazy busy in the Summer though. There are a few other beaches that are close by too. Folly and Kiawa are two of them
Old Apr 9th 2013, 3:17 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Well the applications are in so we shall see - TBH now we have started all this talk I will be gutted if it doesn't work out I am ready to ship up and ship out and try something new!!

Plus the relocation package with Boeing makes moving a non-brainer no effort!!!! We have a 70 page booklet covering just the relocation itself!!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burn1911
Well the applications are in so we shall see - TBH now we have started all this talk I will be gutted if it doesn't work out I am ready to ship up and ship out and try something new!!

Plus the relocation package with Boeing makes moving a non-brainer no effort!!!! We have a 70 page booklet covering just the relocation itself!!
If we could get a relocation benefit (one of them being that someone buys our house!) I'd think long and hard about relocating. However, our 11 year old would probably make our life hell because she well and truly loves being here. In her defense we've lived here since she was 4 and she has all of her friends here, has junior high next year to look forward to and we are now just entering tween drama years!

So I guess no adventures for us for another 6 years until she graduates high school....
Old Apr 9th 2013, 5:25 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
If we could get a relocation benefit (one of them being that someone buys our house!) I'd think long and hard about relocating. However, our 11 year old would probably make our life hell because she well and truly loves being here. In her defense we've lived here since she was 4 and she has all of her friends here, has junior high next year to look forward to and we are now just entering tween drama years!

So I guess no adventures for us for another 6 years until she graduates high school....
Fortunately (or Unfortunately) we are kiddiless so we don't have that to take into consideration, so as it is just the 2 of us we are able to kick up our heels!

Yeah, the relocation package "assists" with house selling, luckily we owe less than it is currently worth, TBH I leave the Maths to hubby, that is his department!! I shall concentrate on other more important stuff - like snakes!!

good luck with the Tween drama!!!