Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Calling all smokers in California!

Calling all smokers in California!

Old May 9th 2009, 10:42 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Calling all smokers in California!

Pissed..........

I go to buy room-mate here ciggies today in Walgreens as I have done on many occasions, but I never really remeber exactly which one's until I see them.....anyway the cashier decides to inform me as I mentioned that they were not for me she could not sell them to me WTF.... YES YES I know not to buy for minors under 18yrs, but my roomie is over 50yrs FFS.

So I said OK they are for me then...NO NO you can't have them you told me they were for someone else.

Now I have been googling and cannnot find anything on this, was she right??
Would it be state of federal law?
Old May 9th 2009, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all smokers in California!

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Pissed..........

I go to buy room-mate here ciggies today in Walgreens as I have done on many occasions, but I never really remeber exactly which one's until I see them.....anyway the cashier decides to inform me as I mentioned that they were not for me she could not sell them to me WTF.... YES YES I know not to buy for minors under 18yrs, but my roomie is over 50yrs FFS.

So I said OK they are for me then...NO NO you can't have them you told me they were for someone else.

Now I have been googling and cannnot find anything on this, was she right??
Blimey dont those Jobs worths get right on your tits OH went through something like that at a gas station when he asked our son to hold his lottery ticket while he had his hands full paying for other stuff, cashier told him your child can not hold that ticket and started going on about minors and gambling needless to say he lost his rag with that cashier and will not use said gas station again.
Old May 9th 2009, 11:04 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Blimey dont those Jobs worths get right on your tits OH went through something like that at a gas station when he asked our son to hold his lottery ticket while he had his hands full paying for other stuff, cashier told him your child can not hold that ticket and started going on about minors and gambling needless to say he lost his rag with that cashier and will not use said gas station again.
Oh I am pissed very pissed, I will if I have to make a call monday, to find out if she was right, but for now I want to walk back in there and make her look a piss ant
Old May 9th 2009, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I am pissed very pissed, I will if I have to make a call monday, to find out if she was right, but for now I want to walk back in there and make her look a piss ant
Piss ant sorry mate youv'e lost me...is that Yank talk Did you go somewhere else and buy the Fags ? And yes I'd make that call even if just to complain
Old May 9th 2009, 11:15 pm

Piss ant sorry mate youv'e lost me...is that Yank talk Did you go somewhere else and buy the Fags ? And yes I'd make that call even if just to complain
Piss ant is another term an a bit lighter but ( Fu@kin little sh@t).

Yes I went and got the fags at another Walgreen less then 5 mins away

I cannot find anything that states I cannot buy for a 3rd party,she is in for it.... cause when I growl I damn well chew so hard she will wish she never met me
Old May 9th 2009, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I cannot find anything that states I cannot buy for a 3rd party,she is in for it.... cause when I growl I damn well chew so hard she will wish she never met me
Thats it mate you have a go, tis best not to let the side down
Old May 9th 2009, 11:23 pm

Thats it mate you have a go, tis best not to let the side down
The old landlady fire is still there, never leaves us hey!!
Old May 9th 2009, 11:25 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

god...do you remember when your parents could send you to the corner shop to buy them a packet of fags...and if the owner asked you all you had to say was the're for my Dad..and he'd just say "OK then, here you go"..

oh how times have changed..

p.s. my DD loves getting the scratch cards and she does them right there in the store in front of the clerks..
Old May 9th 2009, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The old landlady fire is still there, never leaves us hey!!
Never does mate
Old May 9th 2009, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lisag8070
god...do you remember when your parents could send you to the corner shop to buy them a packet of fags...and if the owner asked you all you had to say was the're for my Dad..and he'd just say "OK then, here you go"..

oh how times have changed..

p.s. my DD loves getting the scratch cards and she does them right there in the store in front of the clerks..
My mum use to write a note and I was about 7 years old when getting her fags. Your lucky then, may be its because its far too bible bashing in these parts
Old May 9th 2009, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Pissed..........Now I have been googling and cannnot find anything on this, was she right??
Most likely state law, tobbaco laws are a mix of state and federal, but sales should be a state issue.

I wasn't able to find much, but it could be a Wal-Greens policy as well to help prevent sales to minors through adults and the clerk thought it was the law.

Stores can in many cases go above and beyond what the law says.
Old May 9th 2009, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Most likely state law, tobbaco laws are a mix of state and federal, but sales should be a state issue.

I wasn't able to find much, but it could be a Wal-Greens policy as well to help prevent sales to minors through adults and the clerk thought it was the law.

Stores can in many cases go above and beyond what the law says.
Thank you for looking, pleased it was not just me that could not find anything.
Old May 9th 2009, 11:42 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

My mum use to write a note and I was about 7 years old when getting her fags. Your lucky then, may be its because its far too bible bashing in these parts
ohhh trust me I can see them watching us like a hawk but its probably because I'm stood there right next to her that they daren't or can't say anything..I mean at the end of the day I buy the ticket, she just scratches the gunk off..
Old May 9th 2009, 11:44 pm
Last orders please...

its even worse when its just a kid thats younger than you...telling you the rules...

you should of told her get the rule book out and show you where its written in black and white..
Old May 9th 2009, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lisag8070
ohhh trust me I can see them watching us like a hawk but its probably because I'm stood there right next to her that they daren't or can't say anything..I mean at the end of the day I buy the ticket, she just scratches the gunk off..
Same here except we have to wait till we get in the car, mind you its only once in a blue moon we even bother to buy them in the first place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.