Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Calling all boxing fans

Wikiposts

Calling all boxing fans

Old Apr 14th 2006, 3:35 pm
Tim

magilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Calling all boxing fans

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Embarassing

If Ordinary Harrison fights again the whole games a sham, just watched that fight, was embarrassed to be a brit!
Old Apr 14th 2006, 3:50 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magilla442
If Ordinary Harrison fights again the whole games a sham, just watched that fight, was embarrassed to be a brit!
Maybe would go as far as to say 'if he ever fights again....' but only because there are a lot of no hopers in that division at present.
As for audrey, well he seems to have the physical attributes, but the heart i'm afraid just isn't there.
The last round was good, and an extra 2 would have been interesting, but his lack of jab is frightening for someone of his build.

How he won an olympic gold is beyond me, but maybe the head guard helped, though hs stats tonight - not a single body shot landed - maybe show that he hasn't moved on from then at all.

I hope you're right about him fighting again, but i fear that he'll be around for a while yet
Old Apr 14th 2006, 3:57 pm
Tim

magilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to behold

Maybe would go as far as to say 'if he ever fights again....' but only because there are a lot of no hopers in that division at present.
As for audrey, well he seems to have the physical attributes, but the heart i'm afraid just isn't there.
The last round was good, and an extra 2 would have been interesting, but his lack of jab is frightening for someone of his build.

How he won an olympic gold is beyond me, but maybe the head guard helped, though hs stats tonight - not a single body shot landed - maybe show that he hasn't moved on from then at all.

I hope you're right about him fighting again, but i fear that he'll be around for a while yet

I remember his pro debut, the BBC made such a big deal about it, and he was up against a guy whose previous defeat was a TKO loss to my Gran! I saw his last fight in the uk against Danny Williams, at best on a half decent domestic pro, and he got a lesson. I think you are right in him stickin araound, but I cant imagine who would want to see him.

Keep an eye out for Craig Watson, young british lad from failsworth, manchester, got more of a future than ordinary ever had
Old Apr 14th 2006, 5:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Embarassing
just caught the last min of the end of the fight, didn't look good did he...
Old Apr 15th 2006, 3:40 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
To be fair the last round was good but about halfway through it after throwing some good shots audrey caught a few himself and that was him finished.
Mind you he look finished for the first 5 rounds too
Old Apr 15th 2006, 2:59 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched Zab Judah V Mayweather replay from last week's PPV. Bit of a damp squib. Some in the ring shennanigans from Maywether's corner was the best bit of the fight.

**SPOILER**

Not sure where Judah goes from here??

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Apr 15th 2006 at 3:52 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 3:02 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Just watched Zab Judah V Mayweather replay from last week's PPV. Bit of a damp squib. Some in the ring shennanigans from Maywether's corner was the best bit of the fight.

**SPOILER**

Not sure where Judah goes from here??
Overdue retirement.....

ps was that the most obvious punch in the b o l l o c k s you have ever seen followed by the punch of death or what?

Last edited by evoal2003; Apr 16th 2006 at 3:05 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 3:03 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
In the last minute or the fight....

All the way through he lived up to my expectations.....
Old Apr 16th 2006, 3:48 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evoal2003
Overdue retirement.....

ps was that the most obvious punch in the b o l l o c k s you have ever seen followed by the punch of death or what?
Yeah, dirty bastard still couldn't help him
Old Apr 21st 2006, 3:04 pm
Banned

Byrd V Klitschko tomorrow;

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/?ntrack_pa...ategory4_show0

Klitschko is big but too orthodox and have a glass chin, Byrd to win I say?
Old Apr 21st 2006, 3:09 pm
Thinking about it

Byrd V Klitschko tomorrow;

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/?ntrack_pa...ategory4_show0

Klitschko is big but too orthodox and have a glass chin, Byrd to win I say?
Thanks for the reminder mate - have hbo on a 6 month trial so will watch that - from germany so should be on early.

Byrd is game fighting him over there - if it goes the distance he has no chance on the cards, but i'll never forget how shocked the german crowd was when corey sanders put their adopted son on his arse - very funny.

For the sake of the division though i hope klitschko finishes it clinically after 6 or 7 rounds.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 3:12 pm
Banned

Thanks for the reminder mate - have hbo on a 6 month trial so will watch that - from germany so should be on early.

Byrd is game fighting him over there - if it goes the distance he has no chance on the cards, but i'll never forget how shocked the german crowd was when corey sanders put their adopted son on his arse - very funny.

For the sake of the division though i hope klitschko finishes it clinically after 6 or 7 rounds.
Don't see how Klitschko will do much for the division? Says a lot that neither fighter can command PPV
Old Apr 21st 2006, 3:16 pm
Thinking about it

Don't see how Klitschko will do much for the division? Says a lot that neither fighter can command PPV
I think klitschko would be a better champ, just my personal opinion.
you're spot on about the ppv thing though.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 10:47 am
Thinking about it

Looks like the end of the road for Belfast bantamweight Damien Kelly...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4923326.stm
Classy little fighter who unfortunately lacks any real power and cuts badly too, but by all accounts he was robbed last night. Spoke to a mate who was at the fight who said it was the worst decision he has ever witnessed and the Italian champion couldn't believe it when he got the decision.
Apparently some gambling sites were allowing betting during the fight and Kelly was trading at 1/100 during the last round as punters anticipated the judges' verdict.
The fact that one judge gave it to the champ by 6 rounds shows what a farce it apparently was.
Will be hard for Kelly to come back from this blow, especially at this age - bad stuff.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 11:15 am
Banned

Looks like the end of the road for Belfast bantamweight Damien Kelly...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4923326.stm
Classy little fighter who unfortunately lacks any real power and cuts badly too, but by all accounts he was robbed last night. Spoke to a mate who was at the fight who said it was the worst decision he has ever witnessed and the Italian champion couldn't believe it when he got the decision.
Apparently some gambling sites were allowing betting during the fight and Kelly was trading at 1/100 during the last round as punters anticipated the judges' verdict.
The fact that one judge gave it to the champ by 6 rounds shows what a farce it apparently was.
Will be hard for Kelly to come back from this blow, especially at this age - bad stuff.

Just spoke to my Dad about this very issue before the Klitschko V Byrd fight

**SPOILER**.................................................. ......................

Called that one completely wrong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.