Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Called NSC today...

Called NSC today...

Old Oct 2nd 2002, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

waiting4T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Called NSC today...

They told me that an officer has my petition, and i won't know anything untill they reopen. I asked how long before they reopen and he said it could be 2 weeks to 4 weeks, that it depends on how fast they can finish the audit. I hope he was telling me the truth this time!!

First NOA: May 31
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

waiting4T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Called NSC today...

I just checked INS online, and i got this:
Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

Your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received on May 31, 2002. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 70 and 100 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

There is no Current Status on there????? It's supposed to say recieved, so maybe that means they are changing it to Approved (i really hope so!!)........
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 6:50 am
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by waiting4T:
They told me that an officer has my petition, and i won't know anything untill they reopen. I asked how long before they reopen and he said it could be 2 weeks to 4 weeks, that it depends on how fast they can finish the audit. I hope he was telling me the truth this time!!

First NOA: May 31
Ahhhhhh more BS they tell people. I called Nebraska as well cause the last time I checked the auto line it still didnt say my petition was approved. I figured instead of checking again & it might be the same message I thought just talk to an officer. Anyway I told him that I got the approval on the 27th & found out online but when I had checked the auto line it said the 70-100 days. I asked him if they are still updating the auto line thru this audit & he said yes they are.

I just wish the people at Nebraska would all get there stories straight & know what the heck is really going on. Would make things alot better.

BTW I checked the auto line & it has updated cause now it says my petition was approved on the 27th.
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Crazy Canuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PEACHSTER:

Ahhhhhh more BS they tell people. I called Nebraska as well cause the last time I checked the auto line it still didnt say my petition was approved. I figured instead of checking again & it might be the same message I thought just talk to an officer. Anyway I told him that I got the approval on the 27th & found out online but when I had checked the auto line it said the 70-100 days. I asked him if they are still updating the auto line thru this audit & he said yes they are.

I just wish the people at Nebraska would all get there stories straight & know what the heck is really going on. Would make things alot better.

BTW I checked the auto line & it has updated cause now it says my petition was approved on the 27th.
I think this happens alot because of two reasons

1) The officers aren`t trained well and don`t know where to look.

2) they don`t care and they know there is nothing we can do about it (wel short of taking the gov to court)
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Mooey is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Called NSC today...

Hi Peachester..
Well me for one wish they would get it right.. When I called them last week I was told that no update would be insuued and that the audit would finish on the 4th October for the beginning of the new fiscal year..
Mt status on the online is now showing nothing.. Ken also spoke to the congressmans office to see what they found out and he was told that after the shut down at te beginning of May they had lost a pile of files and when they found them they had to get those rushed through before anything else these were files from the end of April and the beginning of May,, then the Audit started and nothing will be updated till it finishes,, they also told him that our petition was being processed and that we should hear something round the middle of October..!!!

Oh please God !! I hope so,, but it did sound to me like another excuse..!!

so are you now sayig that your petition was updated on te phone line as well as the online????

Originally posted by PEACHSTER:

Old Oct 2nd 2002, 9:46 am
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

There both being updated. I think the online one is updated more often then the auto one.

I think it's a load of crap what you found out. I am betting that you will be approved before mid October.

I dont believe anything they say until I see it for myself. Just like the director of there said no May petitions would be processed till they had April done. LMAO They been processing petitions for May right & left & they still have ones for April with no approval yet.

I am just thankful mine got approved before they went into this audit.

I hope you get that approval soon.
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 4:09 pm
Chris

Hmmm, everything seems strange.

Our first NOA was Sept 4 and it did show received after status but now ours
is also showing nothing like so many others.

PEACHSTER wrote:

> There both being updated. I think the online one is updated more often
    > then the auto one.
    > I think it's a load of crap what you found out. I am betting that you
    > will be approved before mid October.
    > I dont believe anything they say until I see it for myself. Just like
    > the director of there said no May petitions would be processed till they
    > had April done. LMAO They been processing petitions for May right & left
    > & they still have ones for April with no approval yet.
    > I am just thankful mine got approved before they went into this audit.
    > I hope you get that approval soon.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 2nd 2002, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

hmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder how much differently these cases would be handled if someone working at the INS in Nebraska actually knew what it FELT like to go through this process?

Maybe I should send them a bill for my $110 back since they didn't process my paperwork within the 70-100 days.

Just some random thoughts for the day. I am trying really hard not to be frustrated or discourage. I think my fiance is getting a bit concerned with all the tearful phone conversations as of late. This is just the ultimate test right? And the prize goes to all of us that remain relatively sane at the end of the process

Good luck to all of you waiting, whether it is for your 2nd NOA, interview or finally....you plane ride HOME!

h.
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 6:11 pm
Katie

The VSC is processing the I-130 that I filled out for my husband. I've
been checking the status regularly online, and the case status had
read, "Received." When I checked today, the status field was empty.
I'm not sure what (if anything) that means, but I suspect that it has
something to do with the audit rather than with an impending decision
because the VSC has had our I-130 for less than one month.

KB

Old Oct 2nd 2002, 6:21 pm
Scarlett

Default Re: Called NSC today... (note to hmiller)

> I think my fiance is getting a bit
    > concerned with all the tearful phone conversations as of late. This is
    > just the ultimate test right? And the prize goes to all of us that
    > remain relatively sane at the end of the process

sorry to hear what you're going through. the waiting is a killer, isn't it.
it's like being on a rollercoaster - hope-despair-more hope

hang on in there. because if we can get through this as couples - we can surely
get through anything.

Old Oct 2nd 2002, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Mooey is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Called NSC today...

Hi hmiller
I totally agree with you about them not undertsnading what this wait is like, I have joked with my fience about getting a job there, and showing them how to treat peopel that call in,, all we need to know is the truth,, and not just some thing they make up on the spur of the moment..we get told so many different things that we lose faith in the end.. my 1st NOA is 24th May and I am still waiting and yes we are being processed or at lest thats what we have been told...
Yes I think it is some sort of test.. because only the very strongest of relationship can get through this process..
when I talk to my fiance I am either very tearful or just so angry and grumpy....lol I have made a promise to him that when I finally get there I will never nag again....lol

Originally posted by hmiller:
I wonder how much differently these cases would be handled if someone working at the INS in Nebraska actually knew what it FELT like to go through this process?

Maybe I should send them a bill for my $110 back since they didn't process my paperwork within the 70-100 days.

Just some random thoughts for the day. I am trying really hard not to be frustrated or discourage. I think my fiance is getting a bit concerned with all the tearful phone conversations as of late. This is just the ultimate test right? And the prize goes to all of us that remain relatively sane at the end of the process

Good luck to all of you waiting, whether it is for your 2nd NOA, interview or finally....you plane ride HOME!

h.
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

trburton is an unknown quantity at this point

What is this "Audit" thing everyone is talking about? Is it nationwide?
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 6:44 pm
Sheryl

I heard a "lost files" story from my congresswoman also, though she
called it a "glitch" in the system. My first and second NOAs were in
the first week of April and still no word from either MSC or VSC. My
status online is blank as well. It sounds as though our file was one
of the "lost in the sytem glitch before the audit, but hopefully
recovered and soon adjudicated". (After a year of this I'm getting
good at INS lingo)

Sheryl

Old Oct 2nd 2002, 9:27 pm
Ronald Austin

Testing in conjunction with the DOJ's annual audit.

"trburton" wrote in message
news:431910.1033583794@britishexpats-
.com
    > What is this "Audit" thing everyone is talking about? Is it nationwide?
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 2nd 2002, 9:37 pm
bba1vol

is this effective missouri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.