Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Are call centers operated by robots?

Are call centers operated by robots?

Old Feb 3rd 2006, 6:12 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are call centers operated by robots?

I have just spent the last 25 minutes talking to my telephone service provider. I think that they were just offerinng to bundle a package and offer it cheaper but bloody hell you needed a degree in linguistics to work it out.

Operator: Here at Bell South we are only wishing to give you the best in value for money bla bla bla, 31 dollars are you authorised to make changes ?

Me: well I am only authorised to make changes if it doesnt increase the bill what is the 31 dollars for?

Operator: here at bla bla bal value for money
Me: so will this make my bill cheaper overall or is the 31 dollars extra

Operator: I do not work in accounts but Here at Bell South we are only wishing to give bla bla

Me; Well I am not authorised to make changes if they are going to increase the bill
Operator: Well as you know Here at Bell South we are only wishing to give
you the best in vaulue bla bla
This went round in circles for twenty minutes until I went and got the bill and said
are you saying it will make my bill 15 dollars cheaper
Operator: I do not work in accounts but Here at Bell South we are only wishing to give bla bla but yes about 15 dollars
Then she called me my husbands name about 5 times and repeated the value for money phrase about another 20. I think I have agreed to save 15 dollars but I may have signed up to work in a call center or anything is it always like this?
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Are call centers operated by robots?

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
I have just spent the last 25 minutes talking to my telephone service provider. I think that they were just offerinng to bundle a package and offer it cheaper but bloody hell you needed a degree in linguistics to work it out.

Operator: Here at Bell South we are only wishing to give you the best in value for money bla bla bla, 31 dollars are you authorised to make changes ?

Me: well I am only authorised to make changes if it doesnt increase the bill what is the 31 dollars for?

Operator: here at bla bla bal value for money
Me: so will this make my bill cheaper overall or is the 31 dollars extra

Operator: I do not work in accounts but Here at Bell South we are only wishing to give bla bla

Me; Well I am not authorised to make changes if they are going to increase the bill
Operator: Well as you know Here at Bell South we are only wishing to give
you the best in vaulue bla bla
This went round in circles for twenty minutes until I went and got the bill and said
are you saying it will make my bill 15 dollars cheaper
Operator: I do not work in accounts but Here at Bell South we are only wishing to give bla bla but yes about 15 dollars
Then she called me my husbands name about 5 times and repeated the value for money phrase about another 20. I think I have agreed to save 15 dollars but I may have signed up to work in a call center or anything is it always like this?
YOU GOT THROUGH TO A REAL LIVE HUMAN?????????? :scared:
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rushman
YOU GOT THROUGH TO A REAL LIVE HUMAN?????????? :scared:

dunno about the 'live' bit ..lol

i called amex last night and after dialing brighton, uk spoke to a rep in india....
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 6:25 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by TruBrit

i called amex last night and after dialing brighton, uk spoke to a rep in india....
I've had issues with "Preston Park" myself.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 6:30 pm
Account Closed

I've had issues with "Preston Park" myself.
preston park, brighton
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

preston park, brighton
Thats where their offices are. Right on the A23
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

Thats where their offices are. Right on the A23
ok gottcha
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I called T-Mobile at the weekend and after putting in the phone number and saying "I want to speak to somebody" I was put right through to a real life person who knew what he was talking about and explained the problem quickly and completely. Same thing happened later that evening. I think they need an award or 2 for a customer service call centre!
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:00 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
I called T-Mobile at the weekend and after putting in the phone number and saying "I want to speak to somebody" I was put right through to a real life person who knew what he was talking about and explained the problem quickly and completely. Same thing happened later that evening. I think they need an award or 2 for a customer service call centre!
They do have the award!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:09 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Would that be Vicki or Mary or Jane in India?

I'm regularly pulling my hair out when dealing with United. They seem so helpful, their English is quite fluent, but they just do not comprehend!

One of my clients has just completely changed the project I'm supposed to work on next week. LA instead of Denver. Should be easy peasy. Except I know it won't be. Aaaarrrrgghhh...
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

In my humble opinion Bell South are a bunch of friggen Nazis. I would never give them another cent! And can I ask why you are still paying through the nose for crappy telcos when theres so many excellent and cheap VoIP providers these days?
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:41 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
In my humble opinion Bell South are a bunch of friggen Nazis. I would never give them another cent! And can I ask why you are still paying through the nose for crappy telcos when theres so many excellent and cheap VoIP providers these days?
Because they are only trying to give me the very best in value and bla bla bla i guess

Seriously cos i needed to get phone and online quick we had to get a house and everthing organised in 10 days and using mobiles and calling cards it was simpler to find someone who did it all together. with the luxury of time would have shopped around. happy to hear recommendations have just downloaded skype and that looks promising someone mentioned media com.

Sure there is a lot i am doing wrong you should have seem my first haircut when I had no car and the nearest place to walk was Walmart :scared:
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

you should have seem my first haircut when I had no car and the nearest place to walk was Walmart :scared:
ahhh bless :scared:
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Sure there is a lot i am doing wrong you should have seem my first haircut when I had no car and the nearest place to walk was Walmart :scared:
Oh you poor, poor dear. We've had dozens of hair threads on here the last 2 or 3 years I've been around.

No Verizon in your area? Their service is pretty good. See if they have the FIOS system up and running in your area. It is absolutely fab - highest speed online service ever
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 10:26 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

You're surprised about that?

NC Penguin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.