Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"California here I come" ....

"California here I come" ....

Old May 11th 2007, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Usky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud ofUsky has much to be proud of
Default "California here I come" ....

All,

It's official - I have my Visa Approval from the US Embassy in London. Woohoo ... and I am USA bound in 9 days !!!!!!

Thanks to all that have offered good advice to me as I have travelled along this road .... and I have one last question ...

"Do you know the way to San Jose?".... Yes my tom-tom knows all about it ...

And a word to all those with applications in progress - it was easy in and out in 45 minutes ... actual interview took 2 minutes and consisted of 4 questions ... my wife didn't even get a word in ...

Anyway we have a manic week of packing, panicing and pontificating .... and no doubt a tear or two as we prepare to leave loved ones behind ... this will be the hardest part of all ...

Bring on that US Bureaucracy - let me at them ...

Usky
Old May 11th 2007, 11:57 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "California here I come" ....

Congratulations! Hope it all goes well for you
Old May 11th 2007, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Ohhh and the very best of luck
Old May 12th 2007, 12:12 am
Just Joined

vince is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Usky
All,

It's official - I have my Visa Approval from the US Embassy in London. Woohoo ... and I am USA bound in 9 days !!!!!!

Thanks to all that have offered good advice to me as I have travelled along this road .... and I have one last question ...

And a word to all those with applications in progress - it was easy in and out in 45 minutes ... actual interview took 2 minutes and consisted of 4 questions ... my wife didn't even get a word in ...

Anyway we have a manic week of packing, panicing and pontificating .... and no doubt a tear or two as we prepare to leave loved ones behind ... this will be the hardest part of all ...

Usky
Well done, what type of visa is it. We had 3 interviews in London to get a B1/B2 last year.
Old May 12th 2007, 12:13 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Glad for you

lucky you getting in and out in 45 mins took me 6 hours!

And now the packing begins
Old May 12th 2007, 12:14 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru

And now the packing begins
They could take photos of the boxes
Old May 12th 2007, 12:21 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
and maybe the scoomba
Old May 12th 2007, 12:30 am

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

But I am nosy and like to see other peoples houses when they move in just to see what its like
Old May 12th 2007, 12:31 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

But I am nosy and like to see other peoples houses when they move in just to see what its like
I never would have taken you for nosy
Old May 12th 2007, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by TruBrit
and maybe the scoomba
Old May 12th 2007, 12:32 am

I never would have taken you for nosy
I do keep it well hidden

sorry my nose was growing there!
Old May 12th 2007, 12:32 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

I do keep it well hidden

sorry my nose was growing there!
Old May 12th 2007, 2:30 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Here's to your last week in the boozer. May you spend it unwisely.
Old May 12th 2007, 10:27 am
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and I hope it works out well for you.
Old May 12th 2007, 5:22 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Usky
All,

Usky
Why did you pick california?Its very expensive to buy a house there.Did that concern you at all?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.