Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

California or Florida

California or Florida

Old Oct 20th 2011, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: California or Florida

Originally Posted by crg
Can you please confirm from your personal opinion and experience, which is the best place to stay and live between east of the Mississippi and west of the Mississippi?
Given your restrictions, I suggest the best place is in the middle of the Mississippi river! You'll be sorely disappointed by the alternatives!

Ian
Old Oct 20th 2011, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Given your restrictions, I suggest the best place is in the middle of the Mississippi river! You'll be sorely disappointed by the alternatives!

Ian
I've found just the thing;

http://www.tri-state-realty-quincy.com/acreage/357.php
Old Oct 21st 2011, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Jordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really nice

Florida is a nice place to live and does allow you to get back to the UK much quicker. Obviously making any comparison between the two depends on where in the state you live. If we are to generalise then California would offer better levels of education for your children. Florida education is not highly rated in the states but of course there are many exceptions to this rule.

The cost of living in Florida is much cheaper and you will be able to buy property at much lower prices than in California. For work it depends on your experience, tech jobs head to California. Hospitality and Florida is your best bet.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jordan Tilley
Florida education is not highly rated in the states...
According to whom?

Ian
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

keys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jordan,

I must say that your thoughts and insight are the must objective, fair and balance comment thus far. I have just newly joined this forum, and l must say there are LOADS OF SHARKS in this forum it's unbelievable and unreal. The Californians on this forum, must understand that as beautiful and desirable California is, California has major, major major issues and may just be living in her past glory and that is scary.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:55 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keys
Hi Jordan,

I must say that your thoughts and insight are the must objective, fair and balance comment thus far. I have just newly joined this forum, and l must say there are LOADS OF SHARKS in this forum it's unbelievable and unreal. The Californians on this forum, must understand that as beautiful and desirable California is, California has major, major major issues and may just be living in her past glory and that is scary.
That's just Sally, she loves California
Old Oct 21st 2011, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
That's just Sally, she loves California

California Rules OK
Old Oct 21st 2011, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

California is one of the must worst performing state in the nation economically and definitely of one the worst in tax and a lot more wrong with it, tell me what rules about that?
Old Oct 21st 2011, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

California is one of the must worst performing state in the nation economically and definitely of one the worst in tax and a lot more wrong with it, tell me what rules about that?
Old Oct 21st 2011, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

I DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT, THAT'S JUST FOR TV, REALITY ON GROUND IS DIFFERENT AND YOU KNOW IT
Old Oct 21st 2011, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT, THAT'S JUST FOR TV, REALITY ON GROUND IS DIFFERENT AND YOU KNOW IT
I'm living the dream, man.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

You asked for opinions and you got them.

If you have already decided that California is not the right place for you (and there are lots of good reasons why that might be the case) then presumably you will be heading to Florida ...

Good luck!
Old Oct 21st 2011, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Karen68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really nice

Hi Jordan,

You know what, I object to being labelled a shark. I tried to offer objective advice based on the limited amount of information you provided. It does seem like you've made your own decision though, hope you enjoy Florida.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 11:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
You asked for opinions and you got them.

If you have already decided that California is not the right place for you (and there are lots of good reasons why that might be the case) then presumably you will be heading to Florida ...

Good luck!
Florida!!
Old Oct 21st 2011, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think keys wanted to ring the changes on the old "I want to move to Florida" thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.