Reload this Page >

california or arizona?

california or arizona?

Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

hoping2go is an unknown quantity at this point
Default california or arizona?

Hi all,
My husband has a job offer on the table from a company with sites in torrance, CA and tuson, AZ. He would have to decide where he wanted to be based
Has anyone got any advice or feedback for either of these areas? The wage is the same in either site and I know from real estate web sites that property is more expensive in the Torrance area.
We have friends in redondo but they are rather biased on where we should live!
Thanks
Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: california or arizona?

Would it be the same salary for each? That might make a difference as to the answers you get.

Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoping2go
Hi all,
My husband has a job offer on the table from a company with sites in torrance, CA and tuson, AZ. He would have to decide where he wanted to be based
Has anyone got any advice or feedback for either of these areas? The wage is the same in either site and I know from real estate web sites that property is more expensive in the Torrance area.
Thanks
Have you been to do a reccie of both areas? Personally I wouldn't consider moving anywhere unless I'd had the opportunity to have a good look round first.

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Would it be the same salary for each? That might make a difference as to the answers you get.

The OP said 'The wage is the same in either site '.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Same for either to the best of my knowledge, which as far as i can gather makes us very comfy off in tuson and not so in Torrance.... but its the living bit I'm interested in. I won't be working and we have a 9 yr old son who loves the outdoors.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The OP said 'The wage is the same in either site '.
I knew that. No, really I did. Ahem.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 5:59 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Thanks
There's a reason why the property is cheaper in Tucson.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 2:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Same for either to the best of my knowledge, which as far as i can gather makes us very comfy off in tuson and not so in Torrance.... but its the living bit I'm interested in. I won't be working and we have a 9 yr old son who loves the outdoors.
If you live in Tucson, you'll probably have the extra money to go out and enjoy life. If you live in Torrence, you might not have the extra money, you'll be using it all just to live on.

I grew up in Tucson and still go there frequently. I'm not familiar with Torrence. Some parts of Tucson are very nice, but right next door it will be trashy. Tucson and the surrounding area has a lot to do outdoors, but probably not in the hot summer months (including late spring and early fall). Not sure what the weather is like in Torrence.

Rene
Old Feb 5th 2012, 3:01 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I have been to both and would say Torrence I stay there occasionally on buisness its a better class of place then Tucson and remember its going to be much easier/cheaper to get flights back to the UK from LAX or surrounding airports........I had a week in Tucson that was enough for me
Sorry Rene
Old Feb 5th 2012, 3:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I have been to both and would say Torrence I stay there occasionally on buisness its a better class of place then Tucson and remember its going to be much easier/cheaper to get flights back to the UK from LAX or surrounding airports........I had a week in Tucson that was enough for me
Sorry Rene
LOL I agree! Two days in Tucson visiting my best friend there is enough for me, too. I've never been to Torrence, so couldn't compare.

Rene
Old Feb 5th 2012, 4:35 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
LOL I agree! Two days in Tucson visiting my best friend there is enough for me, too. I've never been to Torrence, so couldn't compare.

Rene
For once I was trying to be diplomatic because of you my friend, but now you have voiced your distastes as well....I am open to say in my personal opinion DUMP!! ....Look out I hear Steerpike firing up the laptop lol...but he lives in the posh area
Old Feb 5th 2012, 4:36 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
For once I was trying to be diplomatic because of you my friend, but now you have voiced your distastes as well....I am open to say in my personal opinion DUMP!! ....Look out I hear Steerpike firing up the laptop lol...but he lives in the posh area
Steerpike lives in Phoenix not Tucson doesn't he? (along with his holiday home in the Bay Area)
Old Feb 5th 2012, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Getting the picture here.. loud and clear!
Old Feb 5th 2012, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
Steerpike lives in Phoenix not Tucson doesn't he? (along with his holiday home in the Bay Area)
Yes that's why I said the posh area meaning another city
Old Feb 5th 2012, 4:43 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Getting the picture here.. loud and clear!
I like Tucson. Everything looks good from Phoenix.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Torrance is a pleasant area, we were looking into moving around there when we first came, it's expensive though. As my husband's (Chinese) colleague put it, "It nice area but it near not nice area".

As Jerseygirl says, you really need to visit both places I think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.