California

Old Jan 5th 2004, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Mylla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default California

Hello everyone,

I will be moving to California soon but haven't decided on the city to settle down in.

Can you share with me what the best cities in California are? LA is definetely out.

Thanks.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 7:13 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: California

Originally posted by Mylla
Hello everyone,

I will be moving to California soon but haven't decided on the city to settle down in.

Can you share with me what the best cities in California are? LA is definetely out.

Thanks.
What a strange question, we have no idea how old you are, what you like to do, what type of work you like to do. Apart from the fact cities are very subjective - I couldn't live in NY but love Boston.

CA is so big and diverse we need more info, San Diego is a great city, so is SF (but expensive and getting over the bridges is a nightmare in rush hour), Silicon valley is a soulless place, north of SF you have some beautiful places, not as warm as LA or San Diego but good places to live but the job market isn't that great. From LA to SF there is very little except along the coast and these coastal towns are kept alive mainly by tourists so if you want to live in one of these be prepared to like tourists. Anneheim is normally clummed in with LA (as is pasedena and whole bunch of other cities) but as long as you don't want to be at the beach you will fine.

Now write something about yourself and give us some sort of clue what things may interest you in certain cities.

Patrick
Old Jan 5th 2004, 7:31 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

Thanks.
Yes. Patrick's quite right. It'd be really helpful to know more about yourself.

Also, do you have children. If so, what are their ages? Education is a huge expense for parents in the US and CA is no exception.

Also, what kind of climate do you like/can tolerate?
I've only visited San Francisco and I had a friend who lived there (well, she actually live in Palo Alto) and the sun's so strong that it bleached her black hair a reddish brown.

NC Penguin
Old Jan 5th 2004, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Jxab12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would agree with Patrick also - the LA area covers so much more than just downtown. I have spent a lot of time in Pasadena and it is delightful.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough

la sucks. I live in long beach and can barely put up with the 90% mexicans who make this city look like trash here. But live in orange county, down south -- and it's much more nicer and beautiful and cleaner. And people actually speak English.

-= nav =-
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

datcha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by supernav
la sucks. I live in long beach and can barely put up with the 90% mexicans who make this city look like trash here. But live in orange county, down south -- and it's much more nicer and beautiful and cleaner. And people actually speak English.
North and West of LA is nice also. I'm in the Santa Clarita valley (near Magic Mountain theme park) and its perfectly safe to walk the streets at night and all the houses are really well kept, etc.

I work in Simi Valley (Ventura County) which is totally picturesque and easy going - it was (or at least used to be) one of the safest cities in America.

IMO if you're in the San Fernando Valley, Downtown or out towards the east of LA then its maybe not the nicest place to live and breathe.

Cheers,
David.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NC Penguin

Also, what kind of climate do you like/can tolerate?
I've only visited San Francisco and I had a friend who lived there (well, she actually live in Palo Alto) and the sun's so strong that it bleached her black hair a reddish brown.

NC Penguin
My friends sister did Au Pair American in Palo Alto and the weather is completely different to that of San Francisco. We drove out there once from the city and there was something like 15 degrees difference! lol.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

Thanks.

Why not go on an extended vacation and travel around and you will find somewhere suited to your needs, as everyone will tell you different areas are better than the last, depends on cost of living etc.

Would only cost a few hundred quid and would save you heartache, lots of.

Regards
Andy
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

AllTheWay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick
What a strange question, we have no idea how old you are, what you like to do, what type of work you like to do. Apart from the fact cities are very subjective - I couldn't live in NY but love Boston.

CA is so big and diverse we need more info, San Diego is a great city, so is SF (but expensive and getting over the bridges is a nightmare in rush hour), Silicon valley is a soulless place, north of SF you have some beautiful places, not as warm as LA or San Diego but good places to live but the job market isn't that great. From LA to SF there is very little except along the coast and these coastal towns are kept alive mainly by tourists so if you want to live in one of these be prepared to like tourists. Anneheim is normally clummed in with LA (as is pasedena and whole bunch of other cities) but as long as you don't want to be at the beach you will fine.

Now write something about yourself and give us some sort of clue what things may interest you in certain cities.

Patrick
You seem like a complete asshole! I've been browsing this BBS for a few months and everything you say is a slam against someone else.

Is your self esteem that low?
Did you not get enough attention from your mommy and daddy?
Are you on drugs or something?
Where does your hatred come from?

I pity people like you. You feel you're so full of wit, when all you really are is a scared little boy inside. You should seek help before you hurt yourself.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

CaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really nice

Originally posted by supernav

-= nav =-
Actually, they don't. They speak Amuricaan.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:20 pm
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all

Originally posted by AllTheWay
You seem like a complete asshole! I've been browsing this BBS for a few months and everything you say is a slam against someone else.

I pity people like you. You feel you're so full of wit, when all you really are is a scared little boy inside. You should seek help before you hurt yourself.
Bullshit. I've lived/worked in many places in California, and feel that Patrick is spot-on in his analysis. He is also right to ask for more information about the poster in this instance, it makes a difference.
Now **** off, there's a good lad.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:24 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ah!! we have a newbie...not yet used to Patricks ways.. Actually Patrick is a very talented writer, and in this case his answer was particularly apt...even kind...A lot of us wear the badge where he called us an assehole with great honour.. Treat things with a sense a humour, you will get more fun from this forum..and people may even answer questions you have ...

Oh God!!! I just defended Patrick..thats 3 years bad luck..

Last edited by ray6; Jan 7th 2004 at 7:27 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:02 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

California is 2 and half times the size of the UK, it has desert, mountains and ocean, it has big cities, small cities. It has Industrial heartlands, farmlands (fruit orchards, produce and wineries), it has national parks and Indian reserves. The weather differs from the north of the state to the south of the state and east to west and all points in between by a large amount.

Taking all this into consideration how the **** are we supposed to answer such a broad question without knowing anything about the person asking it, ****ing dickhead.

Please continue browsing but if you are going to contribute please make sure it either makes sense or has some value, otherwise shut up.

Patrick

Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:44 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Patrick answer seemed perfectly reasonable so thats saying something.

I detect a troll at work here. All these new junior members with so much jip combined with bad spelling and grammar reminds me of that annoying git who was here before.

regards,

Duncan
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:47 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Originally posted by CaliforniaGroom
Actually, they don't. They speak Amuricaan.
Its called English you twat. American English. You should try the language sometime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.