Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cali holiday for one

Cali holiday for one

Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:33 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cali holiday for one

Originally Posted by Jan Alaska
Unfortunately he doesn't get a choice of training centres if he did we'd be heading back to Denver. He has another course at the beginning of August in Wilsonville, Oregon which hes also not so pleased about although at least there he can visit his folks in Washington.. He said the worst they ever sent him to was Oakland. He got a fellow trainee to drop him off at Walmart and stocked up and only went out of his hotel room to training meetings he at cold food all week !
Oakland is nasty in parts as well, but there are nice areas, Tustin is close to everything so you will be fine I think you just have to look at it as a adventure
Old Jul 8th 2011, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

. His list includes the Mojave National Preserve and or the Joshua Tree NP. Andddd .. Stone Brewing Co. home of Arrogant Bastard Ales yummmm !

A get together with some of you warm coast folks would be nice too

Jan
Stone is about 8 miles from me, lovely brewery & restaurant, beers great but I'd say the food is overpriced. It'll be hot out at J-tree ( 100+)
Old Sep 8th 2011, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update on the hol.

Stayed at the Wyndham Garden hotel OC right next to the performing arts center. Spent most of my days sitting by the pool stocking up on some UV's and wandering around the South Coast Plaza trying really realllllly hard not to break the bank in the stores. Evenings we visited the beach at Corona Del Mar just as the big waves were coming in from New Zealands stormy thing we also ran up to Hollywood Boulevard and braved the whacko's, ate at the Pig n Whistle and took photos of stars, I even got to stand in Gene Kellys footprints .
Drove down to San Diego on 1, played a game of spot the Chevvy in Newport and Laguna Beach, stopped off at the Ferrari and Maserati dealers who were happy for us to just look around, sat in my dream car Mercedes SLS Gullwing AMG while the tech was starting it up ... Ohmyygeee the sound

Traffic wasn't as bad as expected have to say I think London is worse.

The trip to Las Vegas was interesting, someone set fire to the freeway so we ended up going via Big Bear Lake/City and all I can say is WOW !! Vegas was an experience, not sure I'm that keen on going again it was just too tacky to be honest. We did a flightseeing tour of the Grand Canyon which was great.

Time to start saving for our next visit.
Attached Thumbnails Cali holiday for one-291631_229441787088055_100000667072262_344648_6757266_o.jpg   Cali holiday for one-beach-near-cardiff-sea.jpg   Cali holiday for one-walk-fame.jpg  
Old Sep 8th 2011, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update on the hol.

Stayed at the Wyndham Garden hotel OC right next to the performing arts center. Spent most of my days sitting by the pool stocking up on some UV's and wandering around the South Coast Plaza trying really realllllly hard not to break the bank in the stores. Evenings we visited the beach at Corona Del Mar just as the big waves were coming in from New Zealands stormy thing we also ran up to Hollywood Boulevard and braved the whacko's, ate at the Pig n Whistle and took photos of stars, I even got to stand in Gene Kellys footprints .
Drove down to San Diego on 1, played a game of spot the Chevvy in Newport and Laguna Beach, stopped off at the Ferrari and Maserati dealers who were happy for us to just look around, sat in my dream car Mercedes SLS Gullwing AMG while the tech was starting it up ... Ohmyygeee the sound

Traffic wasn't as bad as expected have to say I think London is worse.

The trip to Las Vegas was interesting, someone set fire to the freeway so we ended up going via Big Bear Lake/City and all I can say is WOW !! Vegas was an experience, not sure I'm that keen on going again it was just too tacky to be honest. We did a flightseeing tour of the Grand Canyon which was great.

Time to start saving for our next visit.
Sounds wonderful!